BMR numbers for me?

Options
Hi everyone.

I have been trying to loose weight for a while, and after have been overweight for m whole life, I have finally reached the "normal" weight according to BMI. I would still like to lose around 6 kgs more, as I have always wanted to look "nice", I joined MFP around a month ago (back then I was still a bit in the overweight class) and my daily calorie count was set to 1200 a day. Im following that most of the time, and very once in a while I excisize (running and strenght mostly), but I barely have time between 2 jobs, a dog and school so this whole eating less calories kinda works for me at the moment.

But I have been surfing the forums here on the site and the whole BMR confused me quit a bit, I tried to calculate it on fat2fit and it told me I should eat around 1600 calories. Im so confused!!!

I was doing okay with the lower amount of calories, but now I dont know if it is "unhealthy" for me?

Could somebody help me on what to do? Perhaps Im calculating it wrong? Im 23 years old (girl), a student so most of m day is spending sitting I guess, I am 179 cm tall and weigh around 78 kgs. Oh and last time I was "messured" I had a bodyfat procent of 24.5

Please help me loss weight the right way!

Love Diana

Replies