what is the best green tea to drink?

Options
what to look for when buying green tea? does it really help you lose weight? if so how much of it do you need to drink?

Replies

• bindulynsey
    bindulynsey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am drinking green tea with jasmine as I find it doesnt go as bitter tasting as the temperature cools. Not sure about weight loss but its helping me get some caffeine which I normally get from full fat coke so it has to be better for me!
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    I drink Salada Green Tea with Pomegranate Berry. I like it hot or cold with one packet of Equal (it's a little sweet on it's own). :drinker:

I drink a lot of herbal teas and water to help "flush out" the toxins, and it helps to keep me away from store-bought ice teas and juices. I haven't seen any weight change yet . . . so that I can't attest to. But it is an enjoyable drink!
  • debbiechristie
    debbiechristie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Better than green tea is rooisbos (red bush) tea as they are VERY high in anti-oxidants... comes from Africa and is available here too.. tastes better also
  • debbiechristie
    debbiechristie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sorry that is.... rooibos tea (spell)
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I drink white tea, way more antioxidants, it is the best of all the teas or so they say plus has the least amount of processing and barely any caffein
  • hollandlop
    Options
    but does it help you lose weight?..this tea you are talking about.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Harry & David's makes some nice flavored green tea.
    You should find one you like, and then have a cup or two each day.
    It's SO much better than getting gobs of the evil High Fructose Corn Syrup in soda, and the ones with a little additional flavor (I don't even mind plain) are fine to drink without adding chemical sweeteners or adding calories with honey or sugar.
    Good luck!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I drink Bigelow straight, no sweeteners, doesn't seem to need it. And I generally do like my bevearges sweet. When I can I will add just a little squeeze of lemon as it increases the aniti-oxident properties.

Here is a nice little article.

http://geniusbeauty.com/news/lemon-green-tea-cup/
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    The only way to truly lose weight is to eat healthy and be active. Green tea is great and may start some organs, but it works differently for everyone. If you're really trying to lose weight then keep in mind that life style changes take time , consistency, dilligence and hard work.

I acutally like Earl Gray black tea, but I do enjoy a good cup of Salada green tea from time to time.

Well wishes to you on your journey :)
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to find a magic bullet, if that's what you are looking for. Eating less calories and exercising is really the only way to ensure you will lose weight and keep it off.
  • dbnew
    dbnew Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love Tazo's Zen Green Tea. I try to have one mug every day and I usually add a packet of Splenda to sweeten and bring out the flavors.

There have been a lot of studies done on green tea and its benefits, ranging from preventing cancer to controlling glucose levels to preventing gum disease and receeding gum lines.

Some links:
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-green-tea
    http://worldental.org/gums/green-tea-may-help-keep-gums-healthy/651/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_tea
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I love the ROOIBOS!! It is better than green tea! Try it.
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
  • jlgarcia85631
    jlgarcia85631 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I Love hot green tea..esp. @ night before bed. Usually have 1-2 cups. I like Lipton Green Tea the Orange, passionfruit and jasmine I also really like Arizona Brand in Mandarin Orange, Ginseng, Honey and Jasmine. Both of these are the Tea bags... can make hot or cold..I almost always make hot and add a sweet n'low and 1 teaspoon honey. I heard drinking green tea has health benefits but not really sure how much you have to drink to see those benefits I just drink it because I like it and relaxes me at the end of the day.