device to track miles

Options
I already own a HRM device, but I have been exercising a lot on trails and it's difficult to calculate the miles. I am looking for a cheap device that will help me track the amount of miles that I walk/run. I have heard of Garmin watches. Does anyone have something that they love?

Thanks in advance.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    There are tons of apps for either a BB or IPhone that can track your miles..I have used www.mapmyrun.com :flowerforyou: Hope this helps!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    You should get a pedometer!
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You should get a pedometer!

I agree. Pedometers give you a relatively accurate account of how far you've gone, and you can get them for a reasonable price. Most drug stores and sporting goods stores sell them.
  • ATXrunner
    Options
    I am personally addicted to the Nike+ device... check it out! (There's a video at the bottom of the page, too)

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Since you already have a computer, you can use mapmyrun.com or google earth. Both are free.

Otherwise if you want something on your person, any handheld GPS would work.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I already own a HRM device, but I have been exercising a lot on trails and it's difficult to calculate the miles. I am looking for a cheap device that will help me track the amount of miles that I walk/run. I have heard of Garmin watches. Does anyone have something that they love?

Thanks in advance.:flowerforyou:

I have a garmin Edge 305 (GPS) for cycling, garmin forerunner 50, and should be getting my garmin forerunner 305 (GPS) on Saturday. I love them and have been really helpful. I want the 305 for running outside and got the foot pod for inside on the treadmill. Can't wait. The forerunner 50 helped with heart rate but was off a little on the mileage but not nearly as much as my treadmill. On amazon.com you can get the garmin forerunner for around $160 that comes with the HRM.