My success story 210 to 156

Options
So I've been putting off posting my success story because I haven't really felt successful; but when looking through pictures and comparing this time last year to now I realized I've made quit a change. I know I couldn't have done it with out MFP. There's no way. Coming here ever day and seeing all these people with the same struggles as me. Seeing how everyone has come so far. Being held accountable for what I eat and being encouraged to get off my lazy butt and get active. When I felt discouraged and felt like my goals were impossible to reach I'd see success stories of people who had lost twice my goal and that would light a fire under me again. So thank you everyone! I couldn't have made it without y'all! I just hope my story can do for others what everyone's did for me.

Stats:
Height: 5' 5.5"
Start Weight: 210+ ( started avoiding the scale once it started saying more than 200 :-/ )
Current Weight: 156
Original Goal: 150
New Goal: a very toned 145-140

How I got this far: Became active on MFP instead of visiting every now and then and Cut out cokes (sodas, pops, colas....whatever y'all call them ;-) )and sweet tea as my new year resolution. Decided I felt so good after doing that to not drink anything but water, ever. Then we called it quits on fast food. You'd be amazed at how great that will make you feel. Started adding more fruits and veggies and making a conscience effort to be more active. I love sweet stuff though so I never deprive myself of things. If I want a cookie I have a cookie I just stop at one or two where I used to would have eaten 10 Lol!

I'm most definitely a work in progress but I can finally say I'm proud of how far I've come.

20121220204152182.jpg

Replies

• nm36424
    nm36424 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • mdyorston
    Options
    excellent!:drinker:
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    BE PROUD.. you look great!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    You look great and I like that shirt :)
  • somemansdream
    Options
    Way to go! I love listening to how people managed to turn their weight around. I'm in the beginning stages and I find this inspiring so thanks for sharing. Debbie
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    You look great and I LOVE your hair style!!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!! Congrats! :) That is huge progress
  • TVISmith
    TVISmith Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look great! And you have same height as me with similar goal! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all :)
    I know if I can do it anyone can!

( and the shirt I got on ebay for 7 bucks! This girl is a bargain shooper)
  • simplyshrinking
    simplyshrinking Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    congratulations! I'm on the sam route except, I started at 220 ponds and now at 167. Good luck on your journey!
  • Donica_Marie
    Donica_Marie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WOW you look great!!! COngrats!!!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Great job! Good for you!! And isn't it funny how you have "no idea how you will make it" to your original goal. Then when you get close, you decide to readjust...and it the lower number isn't as scary as the original goal.

GOOD FOR YOU and CONGRATS!
  • Clemsonmom
    Clemsonmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job! Proud of you
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You are all so kind! Thank you!

And yes its too funny how 150 sounded absolutely unreachable about 6 months ago and now Im considering going 10-15lbs. lower. Strange how quickly your prospective can change.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. The hard work paid off for sure!
  • dynamoslim
    Options
    You look amazing!! Way to go, keep up the fabulous work!!!
  • calascott
    Options
    You look awesome. Glad that MFP has been successful for you. We live in an amazing time when our "tech toys" can be put to
    such great use.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Great job, you look fantastic! Best of luck on the last few/toning up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!