I want to lose my "Kangaroo Pouch"

Options
My waist is currently 33 inches :grumble: I want to get my waist down to at least 27 inches. I have started working on my abs really hard. I am sore right now. It hurts when i laugh. I do 50 crunches on the exercise ball every night. Does anyone have any other ideas or methods for me to try? I don't need to have a six pack but I would love to have a flat stomach for the summer. :happy:

Replies

• jjackson
    jjackson Posts: 17
    Options
    My waist is currently 33 inches :grumble: I want to get my waist down to at least 27 inches. I have started working on my abs really hard. I am sore right now. It hurts when i laugh. I do 50 crunches on the exercise ball every night. Does anyone have any other ideas or methods for me to try? I don't need to have a six pack but I would love to have a flat stomach for the summer. :happy:
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    I have that pouch 2. But since I have been doing 100, sometimes even as meny as 400 crunches I see a difference. Do bicycle crunches alot to. And leg lifts. My stomach has gone down alot. Try not to eat white bread. White bread makes my stomach blow up.
  • tpdance
    tpdance Posts: 21
    Options
    keep up any ab workout, but honestly cardio and diet is what mainly helps lose the belly fat.

But ab exercises builds muscle which increases metabolism to burn fat while resting, the crunches/etc. helps to tone the abs. I would recommend doing something that targets all muscles of the abdomen (transverse, obliques, abs upper & lower) - such as bicycle crunches. Pilates is also great for the abs and all of the core. Be sure as working abs u r working back muscles since they are opposites. :-) That will help with posture & prevent slumping over which causes us to push out our bellies. ----Oh yeah, abs are just like other muscles, needs days rest, so only need to do hard core ab routine 2 to 3 times a week.

Keep up the great work! And good luck w/ losing the inches. That is my goal as well, and about the same measurements!! I have been measuring my waist hoping to tighten up and measuring my abdomen hoping to lose the pooch!

Again best of luck!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    keep up any ab workout, but honestly cardio and diet is what mainly helps lose the belly fat.

But ab exercises builds muscle which increases metabolism to burn fat while resting, the crunches/etc. helps to tone the abs. I would recommend doing something that targets all muscles of the abdomen (transverse, obliques, abs upper & lower) - such as bicycle crunches. Pilates is also great for the abs and all of the core. Be sure as working abs u r working back muscles since they are opposites. :-) That will help with posture & prevent slumping over which causes us to push out our bellies. ----Oh yeah, abs are just like other muscles, needs days rest, so only need to do hard core ab routine 2 to 3 times a week.

Keep up the great work! And good luck w/ losing the inches. That is my goal as well, and about the same measurements!! I have been measuring my waist hoping to tighten up and measuring my abdomen hoping to lose the pooch!

Again best of luck!

i agree.. working on all parts of your stomach, waist and butt will help even things out... I jog an hour every day (7 days) and do crunches every other day. I still have atiny pouch still but i'm still working on it. it's one the hardest spots to trim
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    The plank is a good one for toning the stomach. Just google it to find how to do it (some people call it elbows and toes).

Someone calle the pouch the front butt - I thought it was pretty funny!
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    to get rid of that pouch your suppose to do a REVERSE CRUNCH i learned it in aerobics class at school. you just lay down like your going to do crunches put your legs in the air and instead of moving your chest towards your knees you bring your knees toward your face and lift your butt. they work great and you can really feel them. and its meant to target your lower abs.

* o ya and dont bring your knees all the way to your face just towards them the little motion works.