The World has ended! Is anybody still out there with me?

Options
Doberdawn
Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
Well, according to the Mayan Calendar... the world has now ended. Yet, I feel conspicuously still alive. Is there anybody out there still with me and up at this silly hour? It's just after midnight EST where I am... oh nooo... what if the Mayans were on Pacific or Mountain time?? Aaaaaaaaah. Of course, if you're in Australia, it's actually the day after.... so umm, I'mma risk it to say... I survived!! LOL

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm alive. We had an odd lightning strike right at midnight that was kinda weird and spooky - other than that - everything seems to be operational.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I think it would be hilarious if the world freaked out like this every time we came to the end of our modern calenders. That could be the year-end ritual instead of new years or something.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think it would be hilarious if the world freaked out like this every time we came to the end of our modern calenders. That could be the year-end ritual instead of new years or something.

yep^^that!:laugh:
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    still thursday night here,,bc canada..I take it we have survived ,but the calendar doesn't end till Dec 21 at midnight..
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well, Fri is date night with my husband....so the end of the world can darn well wait for me to eat my dinner. If it wants to end it between the time we finish our dinner and the check comes...that's fine :P

That would be just plain rude to end the world before I had dinner :(
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    Do we still have any Aussie's out there? Has Australia gone into the wild beyond? Anyone from that part of the world?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Yep very much alive here and body parts complete and functioning. I'm in the Philippines and its now 1:30pm here Dec. 21 and I'll be at a party later this afternoon.

The world will not end til I get to my goal of 14% body fat, get married and have kids and grandkids, I will be a billionaire, have multiple yachts etc.
  • dark_black
    Options
    Well, according to the Mayan Calendar... the world has now ended. Yet, I feel conspicuously still alive. Is there anybody out there still with me and up at this silly hour? It's just after midnight EST where I am... oh nooo... what if the Mayans were on Pacific or Mountain time?? Aaaaaaaaah. Of course, if you're in Australia, it's actually the day after.... so umm, I'mma risk it to say... I survived!! LOL

Actually still about 7.5 hrs to go of 21/12 in Australia (unless you're in Western Australia, which gives you another 10.5 hrs), world still here and functional at the moment.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/maya

There you go. Silly time prediction.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's 1.25pm in Western Australia and nothing dramatic has happened.

YET!

I'm off to have lunch.
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    Wait - we still have several hours to go? I thought it would happen at midnight. Sheesh. Now I'm going to be paranoid all day long!!!!
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Some one say sumtin?
    Options
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/maya

There you go. Silly time prediction.
    There wasn't an indication in the Mayan calendar regarding specific time. During those times, people weren't aware that the world is round. The Conquistadores were responsible for discovering that the world is round but during that time, millions of Mayans were either executed or died from the disease.
  • Excepticon
    Excepticon Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Funny thing happened at the gym this evening to me...

Around 10:30p CST there was the MASSIVE blaring noise. I thought I had hit an alarm or something, then when I realized I wasn't even wearing the alarm on the chain-thingy. So then I thought it was a siren or something, like there was a massive attack nearby or huge fire/earthquake/etc. Ran outside to call my hubs and then when I was on the phone with him I noticed that someone's car horn in the parking lot had gotten stuck.

LOL

Joke was on me.

But at least if it were an emergency, I had limbered up! (:
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    in ny we are all dead. my ghost is writing this
    Options
    in ny we are all dead. my ghost is writing this
    So am I.. I'm already 13 hours "dead"
  • PipBnz
    PipBnz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Its 6.31 pm in New Zealand (we are approx 2 hours ahead of Aus) and everything is just fine and dandy. Birds are chirping, sun is kind of shining.....
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tennessee. Thought with the wind we were having today and thunderstorms that maybe the end was nigh, but we're still here, though it's only 11:30 here in the Central time zone.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Nope....this is alllll a dream....no one is responding....the world is gone...*makes ghosty woo woo noises*
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    It's not even the 21st here for me ... Texas