I'm so incredibly lost...

Options
2»

Replies

• NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I just read your blog and I couldn't imagine going through that. My family's prayers are with you in this time. You need to grieve and talking about it helps.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    The Compassionate Friends is an amazing support group for grieving parents of all types and all ages. I strongly recommend you find a group near you and pay them a visit.

Do give yourself a chance to grieve and be gentle with yourself. When you are ready to focus your energy on getting back in shape, you can do that, but for now, I think you might need to focus on grieving. A professional therapist really would be an excellent thing, too.

~*~ hugs ~*~
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    My deepest sympathies re: your loss. I can't even imagine how heartbroken you must feel.

I am a bereavement recovery (BR) facilitator. There are classes like mine all over North America. They are free and the volunteers are very well trained. Please do yourself a HUGE favour and look into them. Start with the hospital nearest you. If they can't direct you to a BR class, phone a hospice or funeral home. Funeral directors are usually very keen on where to find a class. Finally, understand that most ministers must take a "grief course", so call a local church. In fact, many churches themselves offer grief support classes.

I don't know how old your daughter is, but chances are good that she is grieving, too. Rainbows International is a wonderful BR course for kids who have lost a parent or sibling through death, or even divorce. For locations near you, go to www.rainbows.org.

God bless you on your journey. xoxox