Whos counting?

Options
Just wondering if I'm the only one planning on not counting calories on Christmas.

Replies

• VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    I am trying not to be narcotic about it...but I can't help it. Today I didn't make the best choices and I am paying for it. So I guess I will be counting and watching closely.
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I plan on entering it in, but not staying below my calorie goal as usual. I will probably still go to the gym to offset it some, but I don't plan on depriving myself. This is a once-a-year thing and I can't physically eat like I used to anyway.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    not doing anything special so yes I will be
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Nope! I will not count one thing Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or New Year's Eve!
  • childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit and healthy more than I want to eat till I feel sick.
    HOWEVER, I will probably relax just for the day.

Plus I agree, I can't seem to eat like I used to already, no matter how much I try!
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I shall not be Counting on Christmas Day as it is also my Birthday and I have worked hard to continue losing weight to the last moment. I lost 1lb this week. I deserve a day off from tracking but I shall try to be sensible about how much I eat on that day.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    No way - unless I'm not doing anything special, in which case, I might just because it will be a regular day.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I'll prolly estimate, not be super anal about it.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have a dinner Sunday and gift exchange with my family where I am not counting anything that day. My aunt is making a big dinner, which we have every year, plus homemade candy. I did'nt count last year either and still lost weight but I made myself sick eating so many peanut butter balls (buckeyes) that night. I don't plan on eating as much candy this year as I did last year just a few pieces of fudge!!!. Then on Christmas eve night my husbands family exchanges gifts and has party foods but I plan on working out Monday and counting. I'm making a few things to take over that night and I am making them as low cal as possible. Then back to the inlaws on Christmas day for Christmas dinner. I'm not counting on Christmas either.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I am trying not to be narcotic about it...

I sure hope not
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Not on MFP but I will be tallying a guesstimate of calories in my head as I put food on my plate and try to keep things at a normal serving size.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    counting, and probably hitting the gym. Did it for the last two years.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I will have strict adherence to my 1200 calorie goal, this is a lifestyle change people!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I've already pre-logged my Christmas Day menu. I'll be 1000 calories over and 3000 mgs over of sodium. Can't wait!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I will have strict adherence to my 1200 calorie per meal goal, this is a lifestyle change people!

fixed
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Going to quick add 3000 calories in the morning and then enjoy the rest of the day with family and friends
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I always log. I made a deal with myself that I may not eat with in my calories, but at least I will log everything that goes past my lips. Last year it worked because I was more aware of serving sizes and so I didn't over eat like in the past. I ate some of everything I wanted and I was over my calories, but not anywhere near what I would have done. Counting in my head doesn't work for me. I cheat, or conveniently forget things. I agree with "cheat days", but always log everything.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Going to quick add 3000 calories in the morning and then enjoy the rest of the day with family and friends

I like this, one day is'nt going to kill anyone. Its Christmas people, only comes around once a year and I'm going to give my mind a break from any "staying within calorie" worries and enjoy each time with family and friends.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I am trying not to be narcotic about it...

I sure hope not

SNORT!
  • thethinnydiaries
    Options
    I always subconsciously count calories in my head (to the best of my ability, of course), so even if I don't log (which I probably will, even if I'm over my daily limit), I'll be counting anyway.