Motivation quickly dying

Options
I don't know if its because I've been sick the past couple days or what but my motivation is circling down the drain. I want to lose about 30 pounds but its difficult. I have a VERY small appetite so i don't eat very much through out the day. At this point, I feel like I have no motivation or a good support team to kick my butt into gear when i fall back. Help!

Replies

• meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Don't give up girl! We got this we can do it!!! =)
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! just take each day at a time, it helps a lot!
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    reassess your goals :) set yourself a date when you're going to achieve something, be it weight loss, inches lost or even running 3 miles! whatever it is, make sure you have a reward and know WHY you want to achieve it.

nothing will motivate you if you don't know what you want to achieve

look for little perks in the day too - like a little nibble of something you love - or a walk that you never get to do

my favourite quote: "motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going"

good luck - you can do it :)
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Don't Give Up! We are here to support and motivate you!
    You can do it!!!

Good Luck!
  • nikkijade13
    nikkijade13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support it means a lot :3
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Motivation goes in cycles for me. I find that when I'm in an unmotivated cycle sometimes the best I can do is maintain or make a healthier choice here and there instead of going all out 'fail mode'. Eventually I start feeling motivated again, and that is when I really make my progress.

This is a long haul thing, especially if you only have 30 pounds to lose (which happens to be what I have left to lose as well). It's harder to lose when you're closer to being the correct weight than when you're very overweight. So you have to be patient and not let anything discourage you from keeping on with it.

Edit: Don't think of it as your motivation dying, think of it as your motivation taking a short nap! :laugh:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    "Fake it till you make it". I hear you on the last few pounds are the hardest... but it will come off. I just kept telling myself... suffer the discipline today or the lack of discipline tomorrow - it's my choice!
  • nikkijade13
    nikkijade13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @Mara very true my motivation is just taking a nap :)
    @pkw it is my choice it's just hard to keep that focus ya know?