High satiety, low calories - need ideas

Options
Hi,

I am planning a dinner for friends tonight. Orange glazed leg of lamb, with vegetables (haven't decided how to cook those but may steam) with vanilla parfait, mini jam tarts and a berry coulis (I've been watching too much Masterchef). There'll be wine too.

Just worked out the calories and it's way over 1200. I have no problem with that, but I have 1500 calories total for the day (plus 200 for leg day at the gym).

What can I eat during the day that'll a) give me strength for the gym, and b) keep me satisfied and not ravenous by the time dinner comes?

I know I'll end up going over and won't beat myself up about it, but I'd like to try and get as close to calorie goal as I can.

Help much appreciated.

Replies

• bitterbrownie
    Options
    porridge with skimmed milk or water

fruit and vegetables - though not much long-use carbohydrate in there

some lean meat such as chicken on low-cal bread

enjoy your meal and i wouldn't worry too much - it's only one day!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    take it as a refeed day.
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    oatmeal for breakfast..of course! Salad with chick peas for lunch...and then just enjoy your dinner!! It sounds amazing!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Tuna Nicoise salad, tasty, plenty to munch and protein to support your exercise.
    250 calories from Pret A Manger for example.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Thanks.

Had a big bowl of porridge with half a scoop of protein powder before the gym - but it clearly wasn't enough as my muscles felt fatigued towards the end of the session and not from the workout.

Just had some bacon and a carrot. Got the house to clean and the cooking to do so may need more fuel before I properly sit down to eat. It's so true that you need to eat to fuel your body!!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    It's the holidays! You've been doing great and you shouldn't punish yourself too much if you want to celebrate with friends. Just eat the right amounts, don't go overboard, and also do what you're doing - cooking healthy! If you only do this every once in a blue moon, you really don't need to worry that much about it. Fill yourself with protein and have small amounts of the sweets and increase your veggies. I wouldn't panic over dinner too much.