Motivation and meeting new people

Options
Hello everyone,

My name's Hayley. I don't know if it happens for everyone, but there was a moment where I knew it was time to change. I was just about to eat an up sized big mac combo when I turned and saw a reflection of myself, I was shocked, sad and a little bit angry lol. I threw away that meal (yikes I know, wasteful) and haven't looked back since. I've lost 19kgs since that moment.

I'm new to this site and I just wanted to see if there were other people who would support me on this crazy journey and who I could also support. Motivation is the biggest thing, because sitting around and eating cookies sounds great...but dancing around to 80s pop hits is so much better lol. So if anyone would like to add me or message me, feel free to :)

Replies

• meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I just sent you a friend request :)
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Hayley! It's great you started your journey with that one moment, and now you've come here for some more support and friends. I'm gonna send a friend request shortly!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of this week as well, and I also happened to go to college for Graphic design (I saw that you mentioned on your profile that you're a graphic design student.)

I will be sending a friend request :D

Our weight and target weight goals are fairly close too.
  • chanvi
    chanvi Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Hayley,

I have been using MFP for a month now.. Its great being a part of this. I am adding you for more motivation and support.

- chanvi
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Welcome Hayley! I don't know how you found the strength to throw the food away but I am proud of you for doing that! I am the kind of person who has such a hard time doing that very thing and it's led to my life being a yoyo on the scale.

I know you fill find all the support and motivation that you want or need here :)
  • dearly4ever
    dearly4ever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new on the site too but always happy to make new friends. Sent you a friend request :)
  • kristenleewarren
    Options
    congrats on making the decision to be a better you! added :)