Sleep and weight loss

Options
Ive been having a lot of issues with my sleep habits lately. I either can't sleep at all during the night and if I do manage to get some sleep, I keep waking up every hour-two hours. So my question is, will my sleeping habits affect my weight loss? Any tips on how I can solve this issue?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you're tired all the time your body tries to make itself feel better by craving simple carbs (sugars) for an energy boost. It becomes a vicious circle of highs and lows. Probably a good idea to try to figure out what your sleep issues are.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Agree insomnia can trigger cravings, also puts your body into a state of stress which encourages fat gain on the waist and burning of muscle tissue. Try eating a nutrient dense, anti stress, low glycaemic index diet (esp. oily fish, magnesium rich foods, fruit and veggies), avoid caffeine/ sugar/ white refined carbs/ alcohol completely, practice sleep hygiene/ wind down routine, try eating kiwi fruit daily, don't over exercise, eat little and often always breakfast. If nothing works see your doctor, insomnia can be secondary, a symptom of another health issue.