Spaghetti Squah Lasagna

Options
rlsluvr
rlsluvr Posts: 130
Had a few requests for this recipe... so here it is... ENJOY!!!!

1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Jar Marinara
1 On the Go 2% Cottage Cheese (4oz)
Part skim Mozzerella (or 2% equivalent)
Parmesan Cheese
1 pkg Jenni-o Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey or Italian Turkey Sausage

Cut the Squash length wise and scoop out seeds and strings (I use a ice cream scoop makes it much easier)
Spray cookie sheet with Pam place cut side down and bake at 350 for about 40-45 mins
Take out of the oven, flip them over to cool
While cooling....
Brown Ground Turkey Drain off fat
Add Marinara
Add Cottage Cheese
Then scrape a fork across the Squash to make "spaghetti like strands" carefully they may still be hot.....
Place in a large bowl
Add the Sauce mixture and mix together
in a 13x9 pan add half the mixture and spinkle with mozzerella (how much depends on how cheesey or how calorie laden you want the dish... I use about a 1/2 cup on each layer)
Sprinkle with Parmesan
Add the other half of Squash mixture, Mozzerella and Parmesan
Bake at 350 until Bubbly and cheese has melted.....

Bon Appetit!!!!

p.s there will be "water" in the bottom of the pan as I think it's from the squashs natural moisture....just let it drain a bit befoe placing on your plate or in your bowl....

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    OMG this sounds delish!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    :wink: Oh yeah... and it's under 'Heather's Spaghetti Squash Lasagna in the food Dairy.
    It's for 15 servings, and I used Safeway's Eating Right Marinara
    Feel free to tweak to your liking, and add it to your food Diary as you wish...

Oh YEAH and it freezes well for lunches and dinners through out the week!!!
  • mmagiera
    Options
    How many servings? Sounds really good!
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    How many servings? Sounds really good!

15 servings.... I cut 3 length and 5 width of the 13x9 pan
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bump! :heart: saving this for later! Thanks!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Sounds great -- thanks!

You know you can cook spaghetti squash in the microwave, too! Cut & scoop it, place it in a micro safe dish cut side down in about 1/2 inch of water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 10 minutes or so. Cuts down on cooking time a lot.
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yummy!!!
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    Sounds great -- thanks!

You know you can cook spaghetti squash in the microwave, too! Cut & scoop it, place it in a micro safe dish cut side down in about 1/2 inch of water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 10 minutes or so. Cuts down on cooking time a lot.

Thanks!!!! LOL or how ever you want to cook it...
    I like to bake it... I usually make it on the weekends while I'm doing other things... laundry, house cleaning, vacuuming etc... so no time lost really.....
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Sounds great -- thanks!

I like to bake it... I usually make it on the weekends while I'm doing other things... laundry, house cleaning, vacuuming etc... so no time lost really.....

I prefer oven cooking, too (I don't like plastic in the microwave no matter how paranoid a concept that whole thing may be). But I'll microwave in a pinch so I thought I'd just pass it along so people don't look and think "OMG -- 50 minutes just ot cook the squash?" and then completely miss out on such a wonderful food! :smile:
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    Sounds great -- thanks!

I prefer oven cooking, too (I don't like plastic in the microwave no matter how paranoid a concept that whole thing may be).

DITTO THAT!!! I bring my lunch in plastic, but have special glass bowl at the office to Heat and eat out of...:laugh: :wink:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I LOVE spaghetti squash! Thanks for posting this, now we will see if the kids even know that it is healthy! :devil:

BTW My son can't have cheese so I will try w/o and see if it still works. Maybe I can use a goat cheese instead.
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    I LOVE spaghetti squash! Thanks for posting this, now we will see if the kids even know that it is healthy! :devil:

BTW My son can't have cheese so I will try w/o and see if it still works. Maybe I can use a goat cheese instead.

whatever works.:flowerforyou: ...I know my kids can't tell it's healthy and you really don't even miss the noodles!!!:bigsmile:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this!
  • aprilf
    aprilf Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy. saving for later.
  • boniekatie
    Options
    I can't have cheese either, but I use imitation cheese or soy cheese. I love spagetti squash and will have to give this a try.
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    This sounds so amazingly awesome!!!!!
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for posting!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Made this last night, and my husband said to tell you -Thank you!!! He loved it so much he had 2 big helpings (along with his salad)... was a HUGE HIT at our house!!! I think I like this so much more than regular lasagna (dare I say!) because of the cost (for one) and I love the texture and the crunch of the squash in there- so yummy!!!! I did use about 1/2 container of cottage cheese, and more mozzarella than probably needed, but it was very tasty!! Thanks for the great recipe! :)
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this. We use spaghetti squash since we can't have noodles, but the kids generally make faces, so I'm always up for what sounds like easy and still healthy, but something I may be able to pull over with them too.