Does anyone exercise more so you can eat more?

Options
1235»

Replies

• iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I know I'm going to be eating badly- like going out to eat, going to a party etc.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Just curious. Does anyone exercise more so you can eat more?

I enjoy my allocated times of the day to workout, for it allows me that portal of me-time [to ground myself/regenerate/recoup] , but with the eating - I basically go with how I feel at any given time, without having to necessarily force myself to excessively fuel up just because the numbers determine that I need more [which I clearly do not].
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I have been known to partake of extra exercise in order to enjoy food on occasion. ;)
  • flying_inside
    flying_inside Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been known to walk somewhere to enjoy a cocktail in order to burn it off. Sad but true moments.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I generally exercise for the sake of exercise and fitness, but occasionally I have exercised more to try and cancel a lunchtime slip of eating a bit too much.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    No, I eat more so I can exercise more.

Yup.

If I don't eat well, all my training is for *kitten*.

well = enough
    well = nutrition
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    If I know I'm going to have a larger meal than I normally would, or I am planning to enjoy a dessert...then absolutely!
  • LoonyLovegood8
    Options
    Usually! I did today as I went out for dinner with my parents so I burned of breakfast and dinner so I could eat some Celebrations later which I have been enjoying very much :).
  • zombiekookie
    zombiekookie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is a hardcore yes!
    I'm eating close to only 1200 calories a day. I fail sometimes, but when I think about my intake ratio to my enegry spent, I keep in range. The average meals I eat can be kept around 300 to 400, but sometimes a meal hits 600 and even worst 700. When dinner comes I want to be able to eat more than 120 calories. I'm only throwing in an extra 300. It's not like I'm counting oreos and ice cream I can eat. It's healthy choices.
    It's reinforces my understanding on the relationship with food and my body. I do better on those days I say I'm running to eat more. It's the days I don't aim to execrise to get a more fullfilling diet that I find myself stumbling all over.
    But, I'm just in the beginning. I'm used to eating blindly and out of habit and comfort. I might not think like this once I've gotten used to it.
  • zombiekookie
    zombiekookie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Help the cocktail give you more bang for your buck, or in this case, buzz for your buck.
  • Peaches516
    Peaches516 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I totally exercise so that I can eat more! Otherwise, I'd go over my calorie limit! I don't like to exercise, but I like to eat!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Oh, hell yes!
  • chrissyhy
    Options
    Oh, hell yes!

You just made my day:)

But no I don't, I try to find a equal balance of calorie deficit and enough exercise.