A month has passed and no weight loss..

Options
Im doing sports and getting less calories than i eat. What am i doing wrong? Would love if you check my diary.10x

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    You're not eating nearly enough, in fact you're eating less than most women on here.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Be CONSISTENT for at least a week. You're either exceeding or under eating one day or the other.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Woooh get some food inside you. Your calorie goal is around 1500 cals a day. You should be netting this at least. You are heading down a very bad road.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Eat what the system assigns you to eat. Your body needs fuel to burn calories. Don't be afraid of food. I eat everything it tells me to eat including extra calories which it gives me for exercise and I've dropped 28 pounds in about 4 months. Consistency and eating right are important.
  • Ankandyl
    Options
    hello!
    i understand what youre going through. i had no weight loss too for 3 weeks. I ate under 1200 calories a day
    and some people told me i ate little so i took 1 week free and ate what i liked with no limits and guess what...i finally lost weight. I Think the problem is that my body was like asleep so i woke it up! and now i continue.
    I hope i help! good luck bb! add me if you want! :)
    Anna.
  • sandradev1
    Options
    hello!
    i understand what youre going through. i had no weight loss too for 3 weeks. I ate under 1200 calories a day
    and some people told me i ate little so i took 1 week free and ate what i liked with no limits and guess what...i finally lost weight. I Think the problem is that my body was like asleep so i woke it up! and now i continue.
    I hope i help! good luck bb! add me if you want! :)
    Anna.

Your body was not asleep, it was malnourished.

I also used to eat around 1100/1200 until I stalled and realised my error. Now eating 1600 continually and losing my target of 1lb a week.

Find out how much you need to be eating to have a healthy weight loss that is sustainable. You can start with the information at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting helloitsdan's link sandradev56! I was just about to.

OP-you need to eat more and like someone else said-do so consistently
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said about eating more and you're way under on protein. Like, way way under.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just KEEP GOING. I have a thought that any positive changes I make today for the better, will start to show on my bod in 4 weeks from now. The flip is true for bad changes. It takes a while to start losing sometimes.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Some of you guys obviously did not look at her diary. The original poster looks like she is eating 1500-2000 cals a day for the last couple weeks. Unless you guys still think this is under-eating?
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Im doing sports and getting less calories than i eat. What am i doing wrong? Would love if you check my diary.10x

You are barely eating and what you are eating is not the best choices. Try tracking your sodium... you are probably way over on that daily due to what you are eating.

You need to reduce the processed stuff you eat, lower your sodium and eat more fruits and veggies. Nachos and peanuts are not the best choice for breakfast.

You can't out exercise a bad diet... eat better and you will see weight loss.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I agree with being consistent with your calorie intake for a few weeks. Remember that your body's goal is to maintain its current mass. Consistently eating at a calorie deficit, but giving yourself enough food to survive comfortably on, will encourage your body to drop fat. Also, the sodium-rich processed foods are not helping.

Some people don't really need the consistency but I'd suggest it since you're not seeing any changes.
  • LadyIntrepid
    Options
    Some of you guys obviously did not look at her diary. The original poster looks like she is eating 1500-2000 cals a day for the last couple weeks. Unless you guys still think this is under-eating?

He's a 27 year old male an barely netting 1500 calories on most days. Also, averaging around 70 grams of protein most days. I'm a 50 year old woman and that's not enough for me.
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    Quick question... where in this app does it add excercise calories? To me, it only adds them AFTER I excercise, which is usually late and then its hard to eat them back
  • LadyIntrepid
    Options
    Quick question... where in this app does it add excercise calories? To me, it only adds them AFTER I excercise, which is usually late and then its hard to eat them back

You can always guesstimate what your workout is going to be and log it before you actually do it.
  • sandradev1
    Options

OP is eating around 1500 calories, but not NETTING 1500 after exercise is taken into account. If using MFP calculations, then deficit is already taken into account and exercise cals should be eaten back to net your calorie goal (although need to watch as MFP exercise database is not totally accurate - so may eat 75% back to be safe)
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options

The profile is for a 27 year old male. Some days eating barely over 1000 calories and burning 500.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options

The profile is for a 27 year old male. Some days eating barely over 1000 calories and burning 500.

My bad I had the wrong gender.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Some days you under eat. A lot of days you log lots of generic foods rather than weighing out an logging accurately meaning you could be under or over eating on those days...

Very little fresh food is eaten... Mainly salty pre packaged foods. Try to eat 80% from scratch.. Track sodium... 1500 or less the 2 days before weigh in...

I'd advise atleast 1600 for a man. Especially as you exercise too. Be consistent. For a lot of people me included a calorie is not a calorie. I know a lot of people will say it is, but I stop losing if I'm eating rubbish or too many carbs.

Here is a typical idea of what you could eat...

Breakfast. Greek yogurt, honey and berries. Or oats with berries. Honey if you wish.

Snack. Cheese string, nuts or protein shake.

Lunch. Homemade soup... Pea and ham... Spicy chickpea and lentil... Chicken and noodle.

Snack.. Fruit or nuts or cheese string.

Dinner... 200g any lean meat with lots and lots of green veggies.

Snack... Sir popped popcorn, fruit, low calorie hot chocolate and a biscuit or some other little thing you consider a treat..

This kind of diet will keep carbs sensible, protein at a good level and your calories at a better level...

Buy some digital scales... Weigh out... Prepare from scratch... Lots of water... It works!

Zara :-)
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options

1. You are not eating enough
    2. You are not drinking ANYTHING???? You need WAY more water daily.
    3. Consistency as already suggested.