Peanut Butter vs. PB2

Options
2»

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of PB2, however, it is lower in calories. Keep in mind that all of the oil is pressed out and sugar is added, so therefore you are missing the most valuable benefits! Choosing natural peanut butter would be of importance and far more beneficial! Plus, there is always a way to work it into you daily calorie goals, trust me...I would know!

All the oil is not pressed out, PB2 is the 12% fat flour and it's not much sugar added bearing in mind natural peanuts contain some sugar anyway.There is also plain peanut flour on the market at various fat percentages, just as there are natural peanut butters - this can be used to replace regular floiur in some baking recipes which peanut butter obviously cannot.
    http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition
    http://proteinplusflour.com/nutrition
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4357/2
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I do not like PB2. It tastes like peanut butter flavored dirt. I will make room for real PB calories- I stick to the natural ones- I don't mind the saturated fat from palm oil that most of the no-stir naturals have, but I do try to stay away from the traditional ones with hydrogenated oils.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

their site is not 100% accurate, i have seen it at a shoprite about 5 minutes from me but it is not listed on their locations. best thing to do would check out the organics in grocery stores and hit up some health food stores too. if not then purchase it online, if you like it you can buy in bulk off the internet
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    I use it strictly for my Vitamix smoothies. Frozen bananas and PB2 + water. Otherwise I am a Jiff extra crunchy fan.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I use it strictly for my Vitamix smoothies. Frozen bananas and PB2 + water. Otherwise I am a Jiff extra crunchy fan.

Jif ingredients-

MADE FROM ROASTED PEANUTS AND SUGAR, CONTAINS MOLASSES, FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT.

ingredients for natural peanut butter-

peanuts, salt

just sayin
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options

Jif ingredients-

MADE FROM ROASTED PEANUTS AND SUGAR, CONTAINS MOLASSES, FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT.

peanuts, salt

just sayin
    retherh_zps27b46319.jpg

WHAT I BUY ^^^^^^^ :) Right click and view image o see full pic !
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Jif ingredients-

peanuts, salt

just sayin

Surely natural peanut butter contains nothing more than peanuts? Why is salt acceptable and molasses or sugar not? I wouldn't eat hydrogenated fats mind.
  • irishgrim
    Options
    i love betty lou's "just great stuff" powdered peanut butter. I put it in my chia pudding and smoothies. I was never a big "let me eat peanut butter" the dehydrated powdered pb works great for me!

i get that at wegmans.
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Try Amazon. They have PB2 and another peanut flour that I end up using instead, it's cheaper.
    And
    Mean people suck.

Pj
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I like PB2. It's great for protein shakes and smoothies and it's also great on top of NSA ice cream. I prefer almond butter to peanut butter, otherwise, though.