time to lose it all!

Options
Hi everyone I'm Rach.
I've just been reading up on peoples success stories on here and you are all so inspiring!

Over the last couple of years I started jogging/running and doing really well. My stamina was increasing, and I was running 6 miles nearly every day. However, at the start of this year I became really ill and couldnt run, and my weight rocketed up to my highest ever weight of around 154lbs.
After a couple of months of illness I decided to go back out running to find i could no longer run at the same pace or the same distance, I became really disheartened and no longer enjoyed the runs. So I decided to join a gym, but havent been working out as much as I'd like. I needed a kick up the bum so here I am now!
I am currently 148lbs, and my goal is 110lbs. Really disappointed in myself for gaining so much weight and just being plain lazy about losing it, so here I am and ready to go :)

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    That's totally normal to feel the way you did when you went back to running. I am sure that is exactly what I am going to feel like when I get back to running after physio/rehab on my ankle fracture.

Falling back into your old routine is definitely going to take time but you can make it happen and those lbs will dissappear while you get back on track.

I completely agree with you on reading the success stories, it's so inspiring!
  • laddicruz1
    Options
    Hello.. My name is Nicy (for short). My daughter and I are excited to have this app and peps like you to encourage us to finally reach our goal weight and to KEEP it off:))
  • Boricua91batis
    Boricua91batis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to lose it all!! :) My name is Porsha and me and my mom are excited to lose all the baggage that we been holding on to for way to long. Who's with me????
  • kristenleewarren
    Options
    you made the decision, congrats :) added!
  • laddicruz1
    Options
    (raises hand and says).... I ammm ????
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    bend over i will give you the kick you need... everyone needs a little motivation or jump start every so often. in all honestly the hardest part is getting started just build up a workout schedule and good eating habits you can keep with and you wont have to worry about your weight going up and down and down and up every again
  • g0hard0rg0h0me00
    Options
    You can do it! It can be so discouraging to gain back lost weight, but remember it's all about being healthy and you will be back at 6 miles a day in no time and it will feel amazing! If you stick with it in 6 months youll dbe thrilled to be at your goal rather than looking back and thinking if I would have actually gotten back on track 6 months ago I would be where I want to be.
  • Staffygirl88
    Staffygirl88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bend over i will give you the kick you need...

lol thanks that made me laugh

you really are an inspiring bunch of people on here :)
    infact im going to dust off the exercise dvd right now and do a bit of aerobics
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    bend over i will give you the kick you need...

lol thanks that made me laugh

you really are an inspiring bunch of people on here :)
    infact im going to dust off the exercise dvd right now and do a bit of aerobics

good luck as i said the hardest part is getting started. in a month or two after getting started you will feel neglected if you go without your workout