Net calories question

Options
I've been counting my calories for over 5 months now. I lost 24 pounds in the first 4 months and nothing this last month. I am wondering if I am doing this wrong. Based on the MFP calculations I am supposed to be eating 1470 calories. But I am also very active and exercise at least 6 days a week and burn on average 700-800 calories. so my net is always 400-700 calories. Is this wrong? Does my net have to be higher in order to lose weight? Is 1470 the number for the net calories? Please help.:

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You really think your body can survive on only 400-700 calories?! :noway: You have to fuel your body for it to work properly. Go empty the gas tank in your car and see how well it drives. Net 1470 and you'll probably see much better results.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Eat back the exercise calories, please!!
  • squishy2981
    Options
    If you are still cutting approx. 500 calories a day, 7 days later you should still be losing one pound of real fat a week. Have you adjusted your information for determining your daily caloric intakej for what you weigh now, not what you weighed when you started? B/c that number should be different now.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Try eating what MFP tells you to eat for the next month, which means eating those exercise calories it adds in (some people eat only 50-75% to account for errors in calculation). You haven't been eating the NET goal MFP gives you, so you haven't actually been eating what you're "supposed" to.

Edit: I see you don't have much more weight to lose. If you don't have your goal set up to lose .5lb/week, you should change that and NET that number.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If you have only been netting 400/700 calories for months you may have affected your metabolism. Try eating around the 1,400 which if you net calorie goal for a while. If weight does not move you may have to eat at maintenance for a while to re-adjust your metabolism.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yes, sorry it's wrong. If 1470 is your MFP target, then that should be your net.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everything you are doing is right.

Incorrect ^^^^^^

This quote has since been deleted by the poster.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Try eating what MFP tells you to eat for the next month, which means eating those exercise calories it adds in (some people eat only 50-75% to account for errors in calculation). You haven't been eating the NET goal MFP gives you, so you haven't actually been eating what you're "supposed" to.

This. If you're following MFP's advice/guidance... then do what it tells you to do.