greek yogurt???

Options
I tried Stonyfield plain, no fat yogurt today. YUCK!! It left a nasty after taste in my mouth. I mixed some granola with it which helped the taste, but did not like the after taste.
Are there any good tasting greek yogurts out there??? I want eat more healthy.....great protein!!

Replies

• mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Try Fage greek yogurt 0%. I eat this everyday and love it. I do put some walnuts and dried blueberries it in.
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    Did you try Oikos Greek Yogurt? I know it's made by Stoneyfield. I love it with honey or fruit. More expensive, but worth it!
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You could always try adding a little bit of agave nectar to it (similar to honey) to help with the taste.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt. I bought 2% fage, plain and I put my own Honey and blackstrap molasses.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You have to sweeten it or it tastes like sour cream. I add a packet of Truvia or some honey. Then I add fruit/granola.
  • tjjennifer
    Options
    My favorite greek yogurt is Chobani.
  • mopatzer
    Options
    Trader Joe's carries a fantastic Greek Yogurt -- their store brand. Regular, low-fat or fat-free. Yummy, and cheaper than all others.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    My favorite is "Chobani". :smooched: Here is the thing though. It is sooooo good I won't even read the nutrition label.:devil: Sorry to be so bad. I do only eat half of the single serving container at a time though. I hope that gets me some points here.:embarassed:
  • PinguimPraiero
    PinguimPraiero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm. yogurt.

I like Kefir plain, which is a drinkable yogurt.

Just in case, I would say always avoid any low or no fat foods, especially in dairy, because it just increases simple sugar intake.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Did you try Oikos Greek Yogurt? I know it's made by Stoneyfield. I love it with honey or fruit. More expensive, but worth it!
    This is the one I tried. It had an awful after taste, but wasn't bad while eating it.

Thanks for all the other responses!! I will try Kefir cause I have seen it at my local store. I will also try sweetening it next time first before adding the granola. :-)
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm. yogurt.

I like Kefir plain, which is a drinkable yogurt.

Just in case, I would say always avoid any low or no fat foods, especially in dairy, because it just increases simple sugar intake.
    This one only has 2 grams of sugar....it is actually really good for you. I just didn't like the taste
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    FAGE

Definitely has to be Fage Total 0% for me. I add a packet of splenda, but sometimes I add a 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries or a teaspoon of sugar-free apricot jam. I like it wish agave nectar also, but it waters it down a bit. I just finished a 6 oz serving with splenda and a 1/4 cup of Fiber One original cereal in it for my afternoon snack.

I have tried Oikos and the trader joe's brands. I do not like any of the flavors at all. They have a weird aftertaste. And none of them are as thick as Fage. The Trader Joe's in my neighborhood sells Fage also, and it is the cheapest place I've found it so far. (about $1.69 for a 6oz cup).
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love Greek Gods yogurt, especially the honey flavor. They also make a fig and a pomegranate flavor. It's made in Seattle and I'm not sure how widely available it is. It's really good with fruit and a little bit of granola. I also use it in cooking quite a bit, both the nonfat and the full fat. I use it in place of mayonnaise in tuna and smoked salmon salad and in place of sour cream in Mexican dishes.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    CHOBANI!!! :) The blueberry is my favorite. Even my friend who doesn't care for yogurt loves it.
  • signchik
    Options
    I wasn't aware that Stonyfield was Greek yogurt. What is greek yogurt? I'm allergic to dairy products and it would seem that greek would not be cow's milk? But I have the same allergic reaction as I do with regular yogurt. But I like the banana one. Sometimes it's just worth it. :smile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware that Stonyfield was Greek yogurt. What is greek yogurt? I'm allergic to dairy products and it would seem that greek would not be cow's milk? But I have the same allergic reaction as I do with regular yogurt. But I like the banana one. Sometimes it's just worth it. :smile:

Stonyfield makes a Greek yogurt called Oikos. It's made from cow's milk :( It's basically strained unsweetened regular yogurt....
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I love Stoneyfield's greek yogurt! Of course you're not going to like it plain unless you're used to it -- do you eat plain regular yogurt? Same thing. I've tried the honey, blueberry, and vanilla kinds and I love them all. I've also had the strawberry & blueberry brown cow greek yogurt. But guess what -- greek yogurt is pretty much greek yogurt. Changing brands doesn't really change the taste.
  • gottagetitoff
    Options
    Try chobani if you get the plain, add some sugar free jam...yum
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 2% Total yogurt, but it's pricier ($1.79 each!). Oikos 0% has a 4 pack at Wal*mart for under $4.

I just found that Yoplait makes a Greek yogurt too! They started selling it at Meijer. It's called Yoplait Greek 2X protein and it comes in plain, strawberry, and blueberry for $.99 each.

Try adding some fruit or granola to it. It's not sweet like most people are used to yogurt.

Or try regular plain yogurt. Dannon makes a good nonfat or lowfat, or Meijer or Kroger brand plain yogurts are good also and still higher in protein and lower in sugar than the sweetened kind.
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    I like Chobani 0. I just don't like the vanilla one