Need a kick in the butt!

Skinny100
Skinny100 Posts: 77
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello All! I need a kick in the butt (some tough love :)

I dont' know what has gotten into me, but all I want to do is sit around and watch TV and EAT! I have never been like this before - it's a new thing and I want it to be over with before it becomes a lifestyle. On days I don't work, I just flip on the TV and get addicted. And then, I'll feel like a bum, so I'll eat and snack and eat, etc. It's really bad!!! Ugh. I think it's the winter just getting to me. Has anyone else had this issue? How did you get over it? Please help!

Replies

• 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    I think it's the Winter Blahs....really! It's happening to a lot of us. Make yourself get up & go somewhere or do something. It's takes discipline & we can't buy that...or none of us would be here right? :flowerforyou:
  • knock it off! j/k. It sounds like you're a little depressed. Whenever you feel like snacking you should get online and log what you are about to eat... if you see the nutrition information staring you in the face you're more than likely not going to eat it. That's what I do. Get out of the house, or turn the television off, and go for a good book instead. (Or a workout) Whether you decide to snack or not is totally in your control. I honestly stopped buying things that I couldn't resist. So if I'm searching for a snack it'll have to be something healthy or nothing at all.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    I try to work out first thing on my days off. Then shower and get dresses right away! It really helps get me out of my PJs and stay off that couch! And if I do want to relax and watch some tv after, I know that I've just put in work on my fitness and health so it's easier to I make healthy food choices. Don't get discouraged, keep trying and you will reach your goal!
  • PinguimPraiero
    PinguimPraiero Posts: 48 Member
    Tomorrow is a Saturday, and hopefully you will not wake up for work. If it is a day off, recall whatever it is you really enjoy in the morning and plan for it. Plan your morning so that you start off your day with a purpose. From then on, you can just wing it.

Jay's idea is great, especially because it gets the endorphins moving in your brain!

So, what makes you feel good in the morning? Is it an espresso with cream? Could a brisk walk in the snow do something good in your brain? Or, if you're married . . . . :tongue:
  • PinguimPraiero
    One more thing! I gnosh all day long if I don't eat a very large and satisfying breakfast. Dehydration makes me lethargic and leaves me with an empty feeling inside. Keep those two things in mind, and try to rule them out of this winter blue state.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    I got rid of the cable (only use the TV for Wii Fit) and NO ONE (not even the 4 & 8 year old girls) has even noticed or complained that it's gone. Just get rid of the cable or converter box. If there is no TV, you'll find other things to do. Spend the money you save on the gym or a race or like me a triathlon or a coach, and spend your extra free time working out. Training for this triathlon is burning CRAZY amounts of calories. Good luck.

P.S. Don't freak out about a "triathlon" and training for one. You don't have to start out with an Ironman (2.4 mi swim, 112 mi bike, 26.2 mi run). I'm doing a sprint distance of 0.25 mi swim, 11.5 mi bike, and 3.1 mi run.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Oh...btw...Shut Up (with the crybaby-ing), Get Up (of the F@#$ING couch), and Put Up (some workout numbers)! Your mind controls your body. Stop making excuses for yourself! GO, GO, GO!!!

P.S. Pretty Please?
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    I got rid of cable and stopped watching tv in general about 9 years ago. I'm the type of person to get mesmorized by it and get stuck - I'm glad I married someone who couldn't sit still and watch a television if her life depended on it, so my tv watching ended w/ my bachelorhood. Getting rid of the cable might seem extreme, but trust me, those empty hours will be filled up with much better things...just don't get addicted to the internet...
  • PinguimPraiero
    I agree with the posts above. I don't have a TV, and I haven't owned one in years. I put my workout DVD on my laptop . . . .

Get rid of the TV.
  • WOW ! You guys are all awesome!!! Thank you so very much! God Bless You!!!!
This discussion has been closed.