Seeking team to help win weight loss battle permanently

Options
Hi, I am looking to connect with people who are obsessed with knowing everything about good nutrition. People who have read a lot on the subject and have been successful losing weight and maintaining it.

I have always been overweight. I tried over the years to lose weight and was successful, then under stresses of work and other pressures I caved in and gained most the weight back. Between 2007 and 2009 I lost 90 pounds but 2009-2011 were rough years and I re-gained 65 pounds. Recently I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea (86 times breathing stoppage an hour according to my sleep study). Now, I sleep with a mask. I decided it is enough! I am busting out of my body once and for all.

I have done all the calculations using BMI and BMR calculators. For the past three weeks I have been on a slow carb diet. I have celiac, and even though I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic, my measures of blood sugar every morning are close. So I have taken the slow carb path; no pasta, rice, bread, fruit, milk (including soy) or cheese. My meals now have three components: Beans, lean meats and vegetables. I have a very demanding work schedule nowadays so my time for workout is limited. I try to do three times a week. I try to stay at or under 2000 calories every day (my BMR is 2910). I allow myself to cheat on Saturdays but I try to stay within my BMR on that day.

I am looking for people who would commit to help me through my journey and who will look at my diary every few days and tell me when I am straying from the straight path; People who would look at my diary and provide insightful comments and provide encouragement. I work very well with teams and I need a team for this one.

According to my calculations I should be able to reach my ideal weight of 168 Lbs by 03/31/2015 (I am 5'9" and 44 years old). I am looking forward to celebrate that day and a new life with my team members and my family.

I appreciate your consideration.

Jabs

Replies

• paledi
    paledi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you like. I am a clean eater and eat organic foods but I will not be a snob about it. We have a lot in common health wise. I had lost a lot of weight but had some life changes and gained the majority of it back so I am starting over again and need some supportive friends for motivation and accountability.