Who here hates grapefruit?

Options

Replies

• soulfulsally
    Options
    You guys need to give grapefruits another chance!

Each segment of a grapefruit is covered with a film, you know what I'm talking about? That film is the bitter part. Just try peeling it off, and eat the meat instead. That stuff is godly!!

Kirk Cameron, is that you?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Personally, I follow the teachings of Gary Gulman on this topic. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNWToG5O2cY)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered grapefruit is no longer available. I'm fairly certain the FDA or FBI banned it. Rejoice!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you obviously all need to consider grapefruit camp

it may be too late for you but send your children

if you do not have children, go get 2 or 3 quick

at grapefruit camp, the best tool for love is used......FEAR

when you learn to fear the grapefruit, you learn to love the grapefruit
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've tried multiple times in my life to like it. I can't.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Personally, I follow the teachings of Gary Gulman on this topic. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNWToG5O2cY)

lies!
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You guys need to give grapefruits another chance!

Each segment of a grapefruit is covered with a film, you know what I'm talking about? That film is the bitter part. Just try peeling it off, and eat the meat instead. That stuff is godly!!

Kirk Cameron, is that you?
    No, just a friend. A friend who wants to save heathens from burning in FRUIT HELL.

GRAPEFRUITS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I love it.

But I can't have it. I take a statin for high cholesterol and some enzyme in the grapefruit causes the med to collect in the liver (or kidneys, I can never remember which one).
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I love it.

But I can't have it. I take a statin for high cholesterol and some enzyme in the grapefruit causes the med to collect in the liver (or kidneys, I can never remember which one).

lettuce prey
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    yuck
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    I had a friend who used to be bulimic and she would drink grapefruit juice if she was having trouble throwing up cuz it was so gross it would help her get that "process" going. Personally, if they're really ripe and I'm not super hungry (and for some reason happen to have one around, which is never) I could eat one once in a while.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Iwas very pleased when my pharmacist told me that I could not eat grapefruit on one of my medications. Its not too often I get a medical person tell me I can't do something I wouldn't want to do anyway....
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I had a friend who used to be bulimic and she would drink grapefruit juice if she was having trouble throwing up cuz it was so gross it would help her get that "process" going. Personally, if they're really ripe and I'm not super hungry (and for some reason happen to have one around, which is never) I could eat one once in a while.

yes...the grapefruit works in mysterious ways
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    just break up
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    hate it
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    hate it

but it loves you
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    just break up

How dare you speak such blasphemy! One who makes their breakfast must eat it. A bond made with grapefruit cannot be broken.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    People have strong feelings on grapefruit.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    24271284.jpg
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was at a new friends house, and we split a grapefruit. It was the worst 15 minutes of my life and it was so hard to keep a straight face and swallow it. When she went to the bathroom I got up and threw my last piece away because I just couldn't take it anymore.