Tracking Exercise Classes

Options
I am at a point to where I am starting to take classes at the gym; however, when I try to pull them up when I'm logging my exercise for the day, I can't find them (i.e., kickboxing, yogalates, etc.). Anyone know how I can get them recorded?

Thanks.

Replies

• sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    You can add your own into the data base and add your calories burned. Then just pull them up the next time you go!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    If you use a HRM and know how many calories you're burning, you can go to the Exercise tab, click on My Exercises and click on Create Exercise and enter it that way. What's what I did for the 30 Day Shred and other workout DVDs I've got. Helps keep me organized.
  • LisaCookies
    Options
    I take a few classes as well at my gym. I don't have a heart rate moniter. I pick the closest thing out of the list of cardio activities. ie I use Hatha yoga for any yoga / pilates classes. I use aerobics for any heavy cardio classes I do. I use strength training for resitance classses. For mixed classes I log half my time under strength and 1/2 under aerobics. I figure this is my best estimate w/o a heart rate moniter. I try to be realistic though looking at the calories burned vs. my percieved effort level in the classes.
  • 08sweek
    08sweek Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like to use the calisthenics category, there is light/moderate and vigorous options.
  • Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do kickboxing as well...I classify it under high impact aerobic, which you can find on a search...check it out...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    What about Aerobics, general and Aerobics, high impact?
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all! This helps.