what about this???...............

Options
so ur on a diet or at least more aware of what your putting in your body, u go to a friends and they made diner, they want u to eat or have somethign ex.............u tell them your watching your weight, not hungry, ect but then their like omg whatever u dnt need to lose any weight u look fine your not fat...................yes i know im not "fat" but i feel like ppl are always telling me i look fine and i need to eat a cheeseburger........idk kinda annoying is there another way to get out of having to explain that i dnt think im fat but i want to lose some weight and be fit.

Replies

• Raya1980
    Options
    I usually carry chitosan which is fat blocker in case I'm anywhere that has "great" food. So I'll take that before I eat. Don't beat yourself over it though.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I usually carry chitosan which is fat blocker in case I'm anywhere that has "great" food. So I'll take that before I eat. Don't beat yourself over it though.

thanks!! where do u get it?
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is be firm in your answer.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    .........yes i know im not "fat" but i feel like ppl are always telling me i look fine and i need to eat a cheeseburger.......
    I've developed this really evil look that makes people want to crawl into a hole for saying that to me. If that doesn't work, I calmly point out that it's rude to criticize the eating habits of others.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have said that I'm trying to watch my sugar levels, someone in my family was recently diagnosed diabetic or high blood pressure or cholesterol or something. People tend to perceive weight as a vanity issue - they are more accepting of physical conditions that require diet changes.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

Um, please do not fall for stupid gimmicks such as this. FIgure out how to work around these things because they will always happen. There is no quick fix answer. YOU have to decide whats worth it to you to eat, and whats not.
  • JFresh85
    Options
    Honestly, you owe no one an explanation. You can tell them that you are in good shape and wanna remain in good shape. If they don't understand, shame on them
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

AWWWWW HELL NAW! Don't do that!

Not only is it a really $hitty way of going about weight loss (lol....$hitty...fat blockers can cause diarrhea) but in order for you to lose weight and keep it off you need to learn how to eat "bad foods" in moderation. If you don't want it, then def don't have it. But if you're out with friends and you want to eat something yummy, then eat it. Just don't eat a ton of it and log it and don't make it a regular habit. And if you really need to say no just say no. If your friends aren't on board with decisions you want to make regarding your body and your health then it's their problem not yours.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    instead of saying "i'm watching my weight" which implies that you think you're overweight I would say something like "No thank you, I'm only eating really healthy foods" or "I'm really focused on getting fit" or something to that affect.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    just break up
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    tas guys for all your imput i think ill change my wording to something different to avoid having to explain....i hate when ppl make me a plate though and its like 3 or 4 times the size of portions i wouldnt normally eat. so then i feel bad when it looks like i havnt eaten much off the plate (only cause its huge)
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    I just usually tell people "Thanks, but I am trying to eat a little healthier today" or if they insist "oh you can eat this it is good for you", then I tell them, "yes, I could eat that if I chose to, but I choose not too"...
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    sounds like they are jealous maybe? You are trying to make positive changes in your life to be healthy, no need to feel guilty about it! :) But at the same time you can treat yourself sometimes (in moderation of course). It's all about balance! :)
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Oh this would work too! :) Bring the focus on being healthy (a positive), it seems nearly everyone in today's world stand to be a little more healthy right?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    people who have never counted calories (like most of us) have no clue how many calories a huge plate of food has

I think they are just clueless...not jealous or mean...

tell them that plate has enough calories for 2 days and they wont believe you...explain it and they will put their plates down
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Chitosan is a scam and a waste of money. How many times do people have to be told that there ARE NO "magic weight loss pills"? Waste of your money. Here is a link to a study showing that there is little to no evidence proving the effectiveness of chitosan in particular.

http://www.nature.com/oby/journal/v11/n5/full/oby200397a.html
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Just eat a half portion and go on with your life. People say things like that, but honestly, they don't really care all that much, and nobody wants to hear about your diet, it's boring.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    How many times do people have to be told that there ARE NO "magic weight loss pills"?
    What!?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Chitosan is a scam and a waste of money. How many times do people have to be told that there ARE NO "magic weight loss pills"? Waste of your money. Here is a link to a study showing that there is little to no evidence proving the effectiveness of chitosan in particular.

http://www.nature.com/oby/journal/v11/n5/full/oby200397a.html

repeatedly it would seem........

PT Barnum may have been on to something when he reputedly said" "There's a sucker born every minute" :laugh: :laugh:
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    No need to explain yourself! If you don't want to eat it don't eat it. Making yourself healthier is a wonderful thing and you shouldn't have to tell anyone anything! Keep up the great work!