Is the amount of socium on MFP really accurate?

sheri3762
sheri3762 Posts: 159
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone! I'm on a 1200 cal daily, but I'm really trying to keep my sodium down. when I excercise the amount I'm allowed goes up. Most of the time its at 2500. Is this too much for me when I need to be watching my sodium, or can I assume its safe because its the recommended amount MFP is giving? Also, can anyone give me some suggestions of alternative foods I can eat that are low in sodium other than protiens and vegtables? I'm having a tough time getting my calories in and staying under all my guidelines when I'm trying to avoid all the sodium.......

Also, I'm still on a platue...have been there for over 3 weeks now. I've tried everything i can think of to change it. Exactly how many of my excercise calories do I need to eat back. I've eaten most of them and then I tried not eating them, then eating half. I just am not getting anywhere! What do you think is the safest way to go? Mabye i should try a protien shake just to get the calories in. Any good ones out there?

I know I've asked a lot of questions, but any help I can get will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Nuts are a wonderful, healthy, calorie-dense thing to eat to get calories up with little effort.

You should eat all your exercise calories.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,131 Member
    :flowerforyou: I try to keep my sodium under 1800 mg a day......staying close to "clean eating" is a good move toward keeping sodium low........I've been using the Isagenix cleansing and fat burning system (great protein shakes and cellular cleansing ) and have had amazing weight loss results........eating your exercise calories is a good idea ( be sure that you're not overestimating your exercise calories ), never, never, never give up even when you hit a plateau :bigsmile: and drink a lot of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    I believe a low sodium diet is usually less than the 2500mg recommended here. If you have hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, or something else where a doctor told you to be on a low sodium diet then that is most likely not low enough. Ask your doctor what he or she had in mind. I think it's usually depends on how big you are, but below 2000mg/day.
This discussion has been closed.