healthiest restaurant salad dressing

Options
i'm going to be eat out a lot lately and never know what dressing to choose. No to anything creamy, but what should I opt for?

Replies

• heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i'm going to be eat out a lot lately and never know what dressing to choose. No to anything creamy, but what should I opt for?

Balsamic and olive oil
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Oil and vinegar
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Best choices are typically vinaigrette/balsamic. Most important, order on the side and use as little as possible.
  • nn103
    nn103 Posts: 5
    Options
    Always order the salad dressing on the side, ask if they have a light Balsamic or a light Italian.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Always order the salad dressing on the side, ask if they have a light Balsamic or a light Italian.

leave that light crap alone they usually bump the sodium and sugars way up to compensate for the lack of taste
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Nude salad is best.

Do you have dressing on your salad at home? If not then ask for no dressing. If you do then ask for something similiar to what you like. Salads don't have to be dressed especially if they are a side to another part of the meal.
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    i ask for salsa if they have it available. Most places do...
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Best choices are typically vinaigrette/balsamic. Most important, order on the side and use as little as possible.

Yup and we even leave it on the side and "dip" our salad on the fork into it...sparingly.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Nude salad is best.

Do you have dressing on your salad at home? If not then ask for no dressing. If you do then ask for something similiar to what you like. Salads don't have to be dressed especially if they are a side to another part of the meal.

You mean I shouldn't have a little salad with my dressing...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,938 Member
    Options
    Ordering salad dressing on the side makes them health........who would have thunk it.:smile:
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'll often ask for a few wedges of lemon and squeeze them on top with some fresh ground pepper.