My speech to my son on his bar mitzvah day

Options

Replies

• gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    What a precious letter! Congratulations on raising a great young man. Thanks for posting!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Mazel Tov to your son and your whole Mishpachah. I have to say that your son sounds like a great kid, someone other kids would be happy to call 'friend'. I also want to say that you are a great dad. Not only for always being there with him, but for NOTICING. Those three moments you described could have passed by as just ordinary events in the course of the day. But you noticed and marked them in your memory as the special small milestones that they were. Being noticed and appreciated is one of the things that helps children grow and thrive. Good for you for supporting your son in such a meaningful way.

Now, I have to go pull out my own Bat Mitzvah photo album, lol.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    whats a GT class?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    whats a GT class?

Gifted and Talented. He said it earlier in the speech.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    *Tears*
    That was awesome. I did not have a good relationship with my father, but I am sure your son will treasure this speech all his life. Well done.
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I didnt read it...i just dont understand why you would post it?

Try reading it..

Maybe you'll understand..

Nice reading ...
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Very well written -- you are a great dad. :flowerforyou:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Your back must look like this by now

pat_on_the_back.jpg
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That is so beautiful and although I am not Jewish I will say something similar to my son when he reaches a major milestone. I'll say bits of it to him now. Hope his Bar Mitzvar is a joyous one. Mazel Tov:flowerforyou:
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Weight loss site.........move this crap to facebook. Where people post things about bathroom habits etc...
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That was amazing and so thoughtful!!

I think you're doing a brilliant job and that speech was very heartful and if there were was a dry eye in the house after that I'd be amazed! Its so nice to see people talking about their families and milestones in their lives as there some times can be a lot of harshness on this site!! :) Sending you and your family best wishes :)
  • jameseylefebure
    Options
    Weight loss site.........move this crap to facebook. Where people post things about bathroom habits etc...

Oh the irony of your profile pic being taken IN a bathroom........
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    The topic is clearly marked: "Topic: My speech to my son on his bar mitzvah day". Why did you click on it? You think MFP has limited space and he's taking up too much of it?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Seriously? This is the Chit Chat, Fun, and Games forum. Don't come in here if you don't want to read about Chit Chat, Fun, or Games. Get over yourself.

tumblr_m0c9ujr7VX1qhi3aoo1_500.gif
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I didnt read it...i just dont understand why you would post it?

Because he is very proud of his son. Read it and you'll understand.

OP: thanks for sharing, good children are very rare these days. "naches foon kinder is tayere vi geld" comfort from children is more precious than gold.

This. Mazel tov! What a great post to read.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options

Seriously? This is the Chit Chat, Fun, and Games forum. Don't come in here if you don't want to read about Chit Chat, Fun, or Games. Get over yourself.

And absolutely THIS! LOL!
  • jameseylefebure
    Options

I have just spent 5 minutes watching this trying to figure out if its from Glee!! All my gay senses are telling me it is.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    A great message to your son. Sounds like a great young MAN!
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Beautiful words, beautiful customs.