Should I lower my calorie intake?

kcdrake
kcdrake Posts: 512
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My calorie intake is currently set at 1450 and I am losing at least 1 pound a week. I read somewhere that it is to your benefit to readjust your goals for every 10 pounds you lose.
My question is this: if I am still losing weight consistently, do I really need to adjust my goals? I feel like it would be better if I waited to do that until I hit a plateau or something. I also feel like since I'm losing at least 1 pound a week that maybe I'm more active than I originally though, and I don't want to inadvertently eat less than I should.
I feel like I should just wait to readjust my goals, but I wanted some advice before deciding on anything.

Replies

• lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    MFP should tell you when it's time to lower your calorie goal. If things are going well, then just keep going along and see how they continue. When it's time to change, change and then see how that works. Have fun experimenting with what works best for YOU. Good luck!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I think you should wait. As long as you're losing, then it seems right for you. If you get to where you're not losing, you'll have room to make adjustments. The last 10 pounds is the hardest to lose.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    If you are happy with your weight loss rate I say wait. You can always adjust later if you you want to.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    If you are losing 1# a week, I would say that is perfect controlled and sustainable weightloss!!! Congratulations don't change a thing right now!
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    MFP is a wonderful wonderful program. But the science behind calories in and calories out is imperfect. Do what feels right :) You know your body :)
This discussion has been closed.