My Motivation

Options
Hey everyone. I have been on MFP for a few weeks now and I wanted to get a good idea of the community before I did anything like this. Everyone has been very cool and I wanted to share a little bit more about me. I've been slowly getting heavier and heavier over the last few years and really didn't notice. I didn't really have the drive or desire to change because I didn't see it as a problem, but then my amazing wife gave birth to my first child, my beautiful baby girl

t9ik1w.jpg

Seeing that little face is all the Motivation I need in order to get off my butt and get myself healthier. Sorry if this is out of context, or whether you guys care or not, but I wanted to share my motivation with you all.

Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• Sondrasr
    Options
    I think that's one of the best motivations out there. I know I am doing this so I can be there for my daughters(6 years old) big life moments. She will be so happy for you to be an active pat of her life and you will love it much more too. Keep it up!!!!!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful, congratulations! She is worth all the hard work and true motivation. Good bless her, your wife and you on your joinery!
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Better to get used to being more active now then to wait until she is more active and you are struggling to keep up! LOL (I am a mother of a 2 and a 5 year old!)
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Children are a great motivator. I am a generation ahead of you, in that my daughter is pregnant with my second grandchild. At 58, I want to be able to keep up with my grandkids as they grow up. It works for me!
  • urbanbabydoc
    urbanbabydoc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My husband and children (6, 7, and 10 years old) are my motivation as well! Just keep your focus. Best wishes to you and your family!
  • flyersrule17a
    flyersrule17a Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My children are my motivation every day of my life. They are my reason for everything I do or don't do in life. Congratulations on the new addition to your family! She is just precious.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is beautiful!!!My motivation are 3 fold.Ages 9,2 and 3 months.Good luck on your journey!!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Once again, another reason I love this site.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW! Your motivation is so much cuter than mine. Muffintops just aren't very photogenic. Babies clearly are!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    So adorable!!!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW! Your motivation is so much cuter than mine. Muffintops just aren't very photogenic. Babies clearly are!

LOL! Great response. Your daughter is beautiful! Yes, take care of your health. Your daughter deserves the healthiest you possible.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Hahaha, thanks! I think she's pretty adorable!