Completely OT - I rock.

So I've been in a sales position for almost 2 years now.. (well, it's customer service and sales) and I've always been way too apprehensive about sales to really give it a shot.. but I got a promotion. And I can't get commission until I meet certain sales goals. So I've been psyching myself up for MONTHS to try and really hit it hard and get my sales quota met. :grumble:

Well today... I made my VERY FIRST SALE!!!! Just a few minutes ago! I am SOOOO proud of myself. I ran into my bosses office like "I DID IT! I MADE A SALE!! ALL BY MYSELF!!" There were two other people in there and they giggled at me. Then I went next door to the VP of sales (Who used to be my manager before he got promoted and who is just generally a pretty cool dude) and told him. He was proud because the whole time he was my manager he was on me to get the sales.

I'm so happy that i just had to tell someone else before I start screaming in my cubicle!

Thanks for listening!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    So I've been in a sales position for almost 2 years now.. (well, it's customer service and sales) and I've always been way too apprehensive about sales to really give it a shot.. but I got a promotion. And I can't get commission until I meet certain sales goals. So I've been psyching myself up for MONTHS to try and really hit it hard and get my sales quota met. :grumble:

Well today... I made my VERY FIRST SALE!!!! Just a few minutes ago! I am SOOOO proud of myself. I ran into my bosses office like "I DID IT! I MADE A SALE!! ALL BY MYSELF!!" There were two other people in there and they giggled at me. Then I went next door to the VP of sales (Who used to be my manager before he got promoted and who is just generally a pretty cool dude) and told him. He was proud because the whole time he was my manager he was on me to get the sales.

I'm so happy that i just had to tell someone else before I start screaming in my cubicle!

Thanks for listening!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Congratulations!!! Coming from a extensive sales background - I totally know the feeling of a the first order, keep the momentum going, I'm sure there will be many, many more to come!!!!

Remember - relationship marketing is key in sales!

Good luck.
    Patricia
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    :drinker: Congratulations:drinker:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Great Job!:smile: