calcium

lizzie84
lizzie84 Posts: 54
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Is it bad to go under your calcium? Some days I have to take a supplement just to hit my calcuim but other days like today I am over by 76.

Replies

• You really shouldn't go under. Going over by only 76 is no big deal but if you go over a bunch, it might cause you to have an upset stomach. Your body is only able to digest 500mg of calcium at one time. Therefore, you should be getting it in all throughout the day. It depends on your age as to your calcium requirements. I'm 44 and I get 1,200 - 1,500 mg daily through supplements and foods. Make sure you get at least 1,000mg Vit D3 or the calcium won't do you any good at all. Most people don't realize this unfortunately.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I take a multivitamin and a calcium supplement. I also get 1 cup of milk and 1 yogurt daily.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    I take a multivitamin for Calcium and Vitamin D because as I focus to drink more water and watch my calories (2% had so many!!) I had cut out milk until I got things under control so I needed a supplement. i'm slowing putting skim milk back into my diet buy slowly so I still take them. I also take one that has Iron (and started tracking Iron instead of sugar) because I've been turned away from giving blood a couple times for not enough Iron. Personally, I take multivitamins to ensure I'm getting what I need while I'm watching what I eat. A little over on days won't kill me :smile:
  • Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.