Food Diary Done too early?

Options
2»

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    It is also easy to accidentally complete your diary on the phone app. I hate when I do that! :)

This happens a lot. And I think a lot of people don't know if they just delete the post in their feed, they then can complete their diary entry again later.

And just because your diary is "completed" for the day, does not mean it can't be edited later.
  • smellyrichelley
    smellyrichelley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of people on my list that are in England. It looks like they're finishing their diaries mid-day, but really it's the end of the day for them.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea. Don't worry about what other people eat or do with their food diaries.

I have it set so that the completion or lack thereof of my food log does not post to my news feed, although my diary itself is open to friends. Just my personal preference, I suppose, as I never really look at anyone else's diaries.
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i usually prelog (leaving about 400 cals for snacks), then complete my diary just before dinner. it helps me to stick to my dinner plans because i'll feel awkward knowing that someone might've looked at my food diary only for me to change everything around because i didn't want to stick to my meal plan
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging their day!
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Some people pre-log their food and then submit it and it helps them stick to it later in the day. But yes of course you are right and they might be snacking later...

This is exactly what I do. It does give a false message of being under my goal for the day, but it keeps me in check if I log right after I eat. Then I: a) don't forget what I exactly eat and b) reward myself with a small healthy snack towards the afternoon knowing I'll be fine for what I have planned for dinner. Cheers! :D
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information and varied answers. I learned a few things about the website features from this! Pre-logging would have NEVER occurred to me, so now i will contemplate that too. Open diaries don't interest me much. I don't get anything from reading what other people eat. Was just curious about what appeared on my feed
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm writing in my food notes I accidentally submit the diary instead of the note. Actually it's like a daily occurrence. Normally I remember to delete it after I enter it but sometimes I forgot. And also people often prelog their food and submit it so they are more motivated to stick to their plan, or to see what kind of feedback they get about their plan

Anyway, what does it matter? Whatever works for them is fine by me

^ This
  • cloza12
    cloza12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    There's also people here from England or other countries.