Calling all mommies!

Options
Fairysoul
Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
I need some help about sippy cups. When my oldest daughter was younger she used the nuby ones, worked out great then I switched her to the hard spout sippys she was fine. But alas my youngest is just not the same. But the problem is, the nuby's keep breaking, like 5 times this month alone and she refuses to use anything else, I keep trying but nothing works. My pocketbook can't do it anymore She only likes soft spouts and goes to bed with water in her sippy. She is almost 20 months old, and she understands a fair amount. But the other day she threw a huge fit about her broken cup and wouldn't nap... I know I have created a monster with this but what do you all suggest I do from here? Do I just cut off sippys all together and deal with the screaming? Or do I try to find something sturdy? I just don't know what to do..

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Time for tough love probably. Take them away. If she's really thirsty, she'll use whatever cup you provide her but you may have to deal with a few tantrums. I would try to get her to use the cups when it's not nap time to help her get used to them.