appropriate calorie goal

i was wondering what peoples opinions were on a goal of 1500 calories. i work 7 days on, 7 days off, 12 hours shifts, walking through a hospital. i plan on working out 5 days a week for 30 to 45 minutes. Most likely i will need to work up to 45 though. im a 35 year old female and am looking to lose about 50 pounds give or take. thanks for any insight :smile:

Replies

• Anything that allows you to lose 1-2lbs a week is a good goal. Better to lose a little slowly over a longer period of time, and it is easier on the mind.
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    The website will determine how many calories per day based on your level of activity and how many pounds you want to loose per week. You might start out at 2 lbs per week for the first 20 and change to 1 lb per week for the next 10 then change it to half pound / week for the last 10. I am working on my last 10 (or so) and I set mine at half a pound per week, but I try to stay under my goal to try to loose a little more than that. It is all approximate and you might see more or less than what you are expecting to loose.