Options

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Trance/Techno
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    Sounds like we have the same playlist!!!!
    It depends on what I am in the mood for, but I have an "angry" playlist that I find I turn to most often for cardio stuff because it really keeps me going.It tends to be mostly rock stuff lately, although things like gangsta rap and alternative creep in. Tool, Mudvayne, Alice in Chains, Avenged Sevenfold, Soundgarden, Slipknot, Korn, Bullet for My Valentine, Chevelle, Deftones, Coheed and Cambria, Dream Theater, Eluveitie, Nightwish, Godsmack, NWA, etc.

For cooldowns and more sedate walks, there's Ben Folds, Sade, Corinne Bailey Rae, Amanda Palmer, Erykah Badu, Emilie Autumn, Radiohead, Incubus, some classical stuff like Debussy.

I adore music, and I try to change up what type I listen to every so often to keep my ears fresh and my mind open. :)
  • 3ddierocksteady
    Options
    I use Songza as it has different genres of music.
    Such an awesome app.
  • bascomlodge
    bascomlodge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Flatt and Scruggs Bluegrass with Earl Scruggs nailing the banjo.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to fast paced alternative rock or pop rock/punk. Fast beats. Brand New, The Early November, Taking Back Sunday, Mayday Parade, Deftones, etc etc
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Flatt and Scruggs Bluegrass with Earl Scruggs nailing the banjo.

Is that a playlist or some kind of mindless jibberish
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    Lately it's been MGK, Young Jeezy, T.I., and Kendrick Lamar.
  • destack
    destack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I alternate between letting Pandora do its thing and keeping my Spotify playlist updated:

http://open.spotify.com/user/destack/playlist/75donCh130WJ2X9p0m9ldZ
  • Issa6xs
    Issa6xs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Usually listen to music that i know the lyrics to, something I find catchy, so i can distract myself with the lyrics by singing along in my head so the workout seems to just fly-by! especially running, it distracts me from checking my watch all the time.
    currently heavy metal (mostly metallica), some rock (think aerosmith) some indie pop (such as florence and the machine, marina and the diamonds (upbeat)) If i dont know the lyrics I dont workout well! :smile:
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Nelly
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options

MGK :sad:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I mostly listen to heavy metal when I workout because it makes me feel all angry inside, lol. Thus making my workout more intense. Woo hoo!

My current favorite:

http://youtu.be/5ZF5m-vmDzM
    (In This Moment - Blood)

:D
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options

MGK :sad:

I like "Hold On Shut Up" when I hit the treadmill. Gets me motivated!
  • dcdemocrat34
    Options
    House and hip hop
    Martin solveg, jay z, Chris brown, and David guetta
  • garciabnm
    Options
    bad religion...rise against...nofx...pennywise....punk in general
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Mostly metal, a little hip hop thrown in. More metal though, the angrier the better.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I also use Pandora. Depending on how I feel, I use electro-swing (e.g., Caravan Palace, Parov Stelar, Tape Five), jazz (e.g., Jean-Luc Ponty, Down to the Bone, Miles Davis), ambient/jazz (e.g., Erik Wollo, Ulrich Schnauss, Kit Watkins), 80s rock (e.g., Depeche Mode, Thomas Dolby, Bronski Beat), and a bunch more. Once in a while I'll kick in contemporary classical, like the work of Steve Reich and John Adams, with a smattering of Philip Glass.
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a lot on my playlist...but my workout tastes are best described as Public Enemy and AC/DCish.
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I use the Songza App - R&B, Rap, 80's & 90's
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I usually just get on my 8tracks app and look up the genre I'm feeling that day.
    So, it really depends on my mood.

I love 8tracks.com when I want to listen to music and I'm not sure exactly what I want to listen to....
    You can search playlists by tags and genre. And it's free.

Most days I listen to 90's rock or Indie. Sometimes I'll be in the mood for a little R&B or rap. And on rare occasions I'll listen to Country.