Relationship rant

Options
So im an aspirng bodybuilder. ive been in one show and have been into fitness for about two years now. partner doesnt understand a thing. hes gotten better. over tme but he still cnstantly nags me about going to the damn gym and not spendng time wth him. i tell him every time. this is my passion and career, im not sittng on my *kitten* waiting around for you all day, i dont care if its inconvenient to you! this is what makes me happy. is i EVER possible to make him nderstand? hes on off with the gym and always too lazy as too make his own meals and complains about there being `nothng for him to eat` and gets depressed about it. he refuses to make this part of this life, he always accusing me of being selfish and caring nly about what. want to do.damn crappy crap crap... rant over... for now. thanks for listening :)

Replies

• kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you love him, make time for him. The gym will always be there....he may not.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Whoa whoa whoa. You want her to give up on her dreams for a man who DOESN'T support her aspirations, who is too lazy to make his own meals and basically wants her to take care of him like she is his mother.

Screw that.

Break up with him or let him know that he needs to really take a good look at his attitude or he's going to lose you.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

Wrong answer, listen this is not a new thing for you. he needs to know going in that this is your life, he either puts on his big boy pants and deals with it, or hits the bricks, that simple.
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Perhaps yall need to get counselign over it and come to a compromise. A marriage isnt worth throwing away for the gym but at the same time you shouldnt have to give up your dream. Marriage is all about compromise. Even if your not married all relationship involves compromise.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

i try to make time. but its never good enough. its like i have to make a sacrifice for it to be worth anything to him.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any insight to add. *Hugs!*
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    Options

i try to make time. but its never good enough. its like i have to make a sacrifice for it to be worth anything to him.

It has to be a two way street. Both of you make sacrifices! If he can't do that, if he cant compromise, then he needs to be gone. But love is worth fighting for.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say, but he doesn't sound like the one for you. You have to have things in common, and whatever is your passion should be important to him too. What is his passion in life? My husband goes to the gym way more than I do, but we also go 3 times a week together. We talk about what he wants to accomplish and what I want to accomplish. Don't get me wrong, we have differing objectives at the gym, but we are interested and supportive of eachother's goals. (We've been married over 8 years now and still going strong)
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    break up
  • babyblake11
    Options
    we have a daughter together, and ive left him once before for being aggressive and controlling. but now all he does is whine, act jealous, and apparently im cheating on him!
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    Options
    we have a daughter together, and ive left him once before for being aggressive and controlling. but now all he does is whine, act jealous, and apparently im cheating on him!

A daughter together changes everything. I would try the counseling. There is always two sides to every story but it sounds like he needs to do some growing up.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Either go to counseling or break up and move on with your life. It'll be beneficial for you and probably your daughter too.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Whoa whoa whoa. You want her to give up on her dreams for a man who DOESN'T support her aspirations, who is too lazy to make his own meals and basically wants her to take care of him like she is his mother.

Screw that.

Break up with him or let him know that he needs to really take a good look at his attitude or he's going to lose you.

I agree 100%!
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    So im an aspirng bodybuilder. ive been in one show and have been into fitness for about two years now. partner doesnt understand a thing. hes gotten better. over tme but he still cnstantly nags me about going to the damn gym and not spendng time wth him. i tell him every time. this is my passion and career, im not sittng on my *kitten* waiting around for you all day, i dont care if its inconvenient to you! this is what makes me happy. is i EVER possible to make him nderstand? hes on off with the gym and always too lazy as too make his own meals and complains about there being `nothng for him to eat` and gets depressed about it. he refuses to make this part of this life, he always accusing me of being selfish and caring nly about what. want to do.damn crappy crap crap... rant over... for now. thanks for listening :)
    If he doesn't understand, then dump him. Trust me, like someone said, the gym will ALWAYS be there for you, through any relationship. Before I met my ex, i was 6'1" 220, muscular with 15% bf. She thought I was hot, she loved my abs, bt she hated the time I took away from her to go to the gym. So, I gave up the gym, now here I am 5yrs, 80lbs,and 36%bf later. So, keep the gym, find someone who appreciates you're hard work, and either joins you, or at least understands that it takes time and effort to accomplish your goals, and that you, are your first priority.
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What are you doing with this guy? Does being with him actually improve your life? Partners should be supportive of your goals and dreams; if they're not there to encourage you, who will be?

If he's just a boyfriend, I'd say you should break up with him. You've already tried talking about it with him, and he's not getting any better. Sometimes people outgrow each other. Good for you for striving for your goals and dreams. I'm sorry that he can't keep up.

If he's your husband, then it's time for him to shape up. If your serious, private conversations aren't bearing any fruit, then counseling is an option. His nagging may seem like a little thing, but it can really wear you down over time (I'm sure you already know this).
  • babyblake11
    Options
    been and dne with counselling, i think ive given him enoug chances. i was happier with just me and blake.
  • tequila09
    Options
    I would suggest counseling too especially since you have a daughter together. If it doesn't help you're better off on your own without a negative person holding you down. You and your daughter deserve better.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

I do not quote Dr.Phil much but this bears repeating. "The only thing worse for a child than being from a broken Home is being in one" I would try counseling since you have a child together but if he is not serious, you need to look out for you.
  • tequila09
    Options
    been and dne with counselling, i think ive given him enoug chances. i was happier with just me and blake.

You already know what you have to do. Good luck with everything!
  • babyblake11
    Options
    What are you doing with this guy? Does being with him actually improve your life? Partners should be supportive of your goals and dreams; if they're not there to encourage you, who will be?

If he's just a boyfriend, I'd say you should break up with him. You've already tried talking about it with him, and he's not getting any better. Sometimes people outgrow each other. Good for you for striving for your goals and dreams. I'm sorry that he can't keep up.

If he's your husband, then it's time for him to shape up. If your serious, private conversations aren't bearing any fruit, then counseling is an option. His nagging may seem like a little thing, but it can really wear you down over time (I'm sure you already know this).
    hes my fiance, not too late.