This past year...

Options
This has been a rough year for me...And I want to show you the January me verses the December me, but you must know my story and why my results aren't as great as I'd have wanted them to be.

I started the year with nothing but high hopes, and the first half of the year was pretty great. When I found mfp, I was 222lbs - I started "miraculously" losing weight, after thinking it just wasn't possible. We wanted to expand our family, and we were pleasantly surprised to find that it happened right away (we seriously expected it to take months and months like it did with our first daughter) - we found out we were expecting in April, due the beginning of Dec. I planned on staying on mfp throughout my pregnancy to help me gain a healthy amount of weight. At first, I continued to lose weight because of my horrible morning sickness. When I found out I was pregnant, I was about 192ish. At 12 weeks (May) I was about 184lbs, and by the end of June, I had crept down to about 179 - that was my lowest weight.

At about 18 weeks, we found out that we were having a girl, but also that she had a fatal birth defect and wouldn't live long after birth. That was July 3rd, and I pretty much stopped with MFP totally after finding out about my daughter's condition. I maintained my weight for a little bit, and then slowly started gaining at a healthy rate for pregnancy (though I honestly wasn't trying). I never came back to tracking during the pregnancy, because I just didn't feel up to it. In October, we unexpectedly lost my Grandmother...it was devastating on top of everything else going on in our lives, and I did start to gain a little faster after that...probably eating my emotions or whatever... I went into labour on November 26th, and at that time I was 203lbs fully clothed, with my shoes on, cell phone in pocket, etc. (I was in labour, and didn't care about a totally accurate weight at that point lol). My daughter was born and lived 6 hours and 27 minutes with us before she went to be with the Lord. Since then, I've been breastfeeding my almost 2 year old, and pumping my milk to donate. So far I've donated 418oz of milk, and have more in my freezer. I plan on continuing to pump for as long as I can. At my most recent doctor's office weigh-in, I was 182.4lbs, fully clothed. I have no idea if I've gained or lost since then, but I plan on weighing myself tomorrow morning to get an accurate weight - I haven't been eating on track, so I'm actually expecting no loss, if not a gain.

Anyways, long story short, despite how my year has gone, I'm still lighter than I was last year at this time, and I feel a lot better physically. I'll post some pictures if I can remember how to do it.

282982_3701762957402_1085385918_n.jpg
222lbs in Jan, 184 in May (12 weeks pregnant) (you can see all three side by side if you right click this and hit "view image" or just look below)

150689_3705092240632_626722476_n.jpg
About 182.5ish yesterday (guesstimating based on my weigh-in a week or so ago)

311263_3588322441460_1185905804_n.jpg
This is me a day or two before going into labour, so I was about 203lbs.

There are pictures (and her story) on my blog if you'd like to see my daughter: http://www.thelifeofedenmarie.com/

Thanks for looking, and here's to hoping 2013 will be a little nicer to us than 2012 was. :ohwell:

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry for your loss, I hope and pray that next year is amazing for you. XOXO:flowerforyou:
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You're story is so touching. I am so sorry that you had to deal with such tremendous loss in 2012. You are such a strong person for putting the other foot forward and continuing on in your journey of health. Congratulations on all your hard work! You look amazing! I hope 2013 blesses you and your family.
  • 300poundsdown
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are a strong woman. To have to go through what you have been through really brings me tears. I am so sorry. I am inspired by you very much. Thanks for sharing your story
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!