HELP my calves are huge

Options

Replies

• brtrentgl
    Options
    Your calves are killer! Very shapely legs!
    thanks
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    I put my profile pic of my huge calves, legs for that matter. I bought an elliptical for my house , will that thin out my legs. I still want them strong, I'm proud of that

Your legs are gorgeous hunni. Looks like that's there natural structure, not sure of you can change that.
  • SuzieQ724
    SuzieQ724 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I too have large calves. So did my mother and so does my daughter. I get loads of compliments on my legs - even from complete strangers. And I'll bet you do too. I can't wear knee boots either. But i don't fret over it. Don't try to hide your beautiful legs. Embrace them. Wear skirts and dresses and shorts. Wear sexy heels. Your legs are terrific!!
  • brtrentgl
    Options
    I too have large calves. So did my mother and so does my daughter. I get loads of compliments on my legs - even from complete strangers. And I'll bet you do too. I can't wear knee boots either. But i don't fret over it. Don't try to hide your beautiful legs. Embrace them. Wear skirts and dresses and shorts. Wear sexy heels. Your legs are terrific!!
    I do get compliments a lot also. I don't mind showing then off their just the size of some peoples thighs. Their bigger than my boyfriends thighs lol
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i agree with the others, embrace your calves!!! my calves measure around 15.5 inches (idk if that's big or not) but they look pretty small and awkward on my body (especially in skinny jeans) because i have big thighs and hips. i would love to get bigger calves, more shapely calves!
  • brtrentgl
    Options
    I put my profile pic of my huge calves, legs for that matter. I bought an elliptical for my house , will that thin out my legs. I still want them strong, I'm proud of that

Your legs are gorgeous hunni. Looks like that's there natural structure, not sure of you can change that.
    thanks
  • roxbox2013
    roxbox2013 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 103.6 lbs, and yet have 13.5" calves. There's a picture on my profile. EMBRACE THEM! Big calves are beautiful. :)
  • brtrentgl
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 103.6 lbs, and yet have 13.5" calves. There's a picture on my profile. EMBRACE THEM! Big calves are beautiful. :)
    those are good sized calves for only weighing 103
  • lotusspark
    Options
    You have pretty legs. I don't think they look big, they are symetrical with your all over physique.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    try long distance running. Most long distance runners I see are very lean and "twiggy" overall.
  • liquidpete24
    Options
    Don't see anything wrong with your legs. If you ever read comic books most artists draw female superheroes' legs like that and nobody ever complains.

I have Popeye genetics, my forearms are almost bigger than my biceps and my calves are also huge.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    try long distance running. Most long distance runners I see are very lean and "twiggy" overall.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

so swimming can also give me a "swimmer's body" with longer torso and limbs?
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Your legs look great! I am sure you rock summer in shorts, skorts and mini-dresses!
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options

I saw your profile pic the other day, I am so jealous of your calves. Why do you want to make them smaller? I want to make mine bigger.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have big calves, too--15". I'm 5'5" and don't have too much to lose; they're just muscular from genetics and previous years and years of weight training and exercise. I suspect they'll grow another 1/2 inch when I start lifting heavier weights. It is a pain buying boots, but since over-the-pants boots have gotten more popular over the past few years, there are more companies making boots for wide calves. You can even search for boots by calf width on zappos :)
  • brtrentgl
    Options

I saw your profile pic the other day, I am so jealous of your calves. Why do you want to make them smaller? I want to make mine bigger.
    I don't mind how they look but jeans are really tight in the calf and I can't wear boots. I want them just a little smaller. My boyfriends are about 12" so he looks tiny when we are both wearing shorts
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ..... Nope all I've ever done is long distance running. Those calves are genetic.
    I got mine from my Mother. None of my three sisters did. And none of them ran long distance.
    Theory ... Busted,.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have thick thighs & big calves... I'm ok with that cause they are toned nicely & everyone can see that I work hard on that. Plus it means they look like they could kick *kitten* during a zombie apocalypse. I'm cool with that.

You should be proud as long as they are thick from muscle & not fat.
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    will that thin out my legs. I still want them strong, I'm proud of that

You can have thin legs or strong legs. You can't have both.

I disagree, my calves have never been big but they are definitely strong...