supplements????

Options
Hi guys :)

So as the new year approaches, I am ready to yet again grab the diet and exercise regime by the ummm,, yeahhh ;)
Just was curious about supplements???

CLA, thermogenic fat burners, phedra cuts etc???

Any info on these would be awesome!! Do they work etc?? Its quite expensive and im a student, so trying to do a bit of reseaarch before i make myself bankrupt for nothing..

just some extra info: Im an exercise enthusiast and looking to build a fitness model type body

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Most supplements are snake oil. Some of them are toxic snake oil. Also, if that's you in your profile picture, you already look like you're a healthy weight, in which case you would benefit more from lifting heavy and eating maintenance than you would from dieting.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    i do fish/krill oil and protein. if you eat fish you probably don't need the fish oil. if you're looking to build more muscle i would definitely do protein shakes. other than that though if you're eating a balanced diet there's probably no need to take any supplements.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    coffee (for me coffee is a food, a supplement, a godsend)

multi vitamin
    fish oil
    creatine
    protein powder (casein and whey)
    BCAA for fasted workouts
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    nope. If they worked everyone would take them. I'd stay just stick with a women's multivitamin.
  • I take Centrum Women Under 50(I'm way, way, /way/ under 50). It's made my hair grow very quickly, and it's got, literally, everything.