I'm scared to weigh myself

Options
I'm scared to weigh myself, is that crazy? I use to weigh myself like 3 times a day. I always knew how bad that was but when I joined this website I didn't feel like I needed to anymore so I decided that I was only going to weigh myself once a week. Well it's been almost 2 weeks now since I last weighed myself and I'm terrified to do it. I've been working so hard (with a couple of slip ups) and feeling so great about myself I'm worried that if I do and it's up or the same I'm going to lose all motivation but I am curious if anything I've been doing has paid off.

Oh me oh my, what to do!!

Jenn

Replies

• Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am usualy petrified of the scale too! Especially if you haven't gotten on in a while it can definately be intimidating!

I usually just work up the courage to jump on and see where I stand. Then, even if it's not positive, I am more conscious with my choices and it starts going down again from that point.

I say just do it! Working up the courage is the worst part!
  • EternalLife
    EternalLife Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared. If you've been working really hard, then there's a good chance that you'll be down! If you're the same or up then you know you have the strength and willpower to carry on as you have been.

Either way you should be proud of yourself for working so hard and sticking with it, and really, weighing yourself isn't as important as the way you feel.

:smile:
  • PinguimPraiero
    PinguimPraiero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :heart: YOU ARE "FEELING SO GREAT" ABOUT YOURSELF!!!!!:heart:

Isn't that what all this is about anyway? Go ahead and weigh yourself, and then smile and say, I feel great about myself!

And, remember, weight in pounds is not the only indicator of good health: look at your complexion, has it improved? your energy level, more? your disposition, happier? your mind, positive? Huh, huh huh? Well then.:smile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I say *kitten* the scale!!! I know I look and feel better so that number doesn't really matter to me.
  • deedee8812
    Options
    Don't be scared!!! BE BRAVE!!! This is something you want, right? "Arms out, toes pointed,.....dive in.":wink:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Some people may say, "don't weigh", but I say go ahead and do it. It's been 2 weeks, and it's a good time to check and see how your current plan is working for you. If you're down, awesome. If you're up, tweak things a little. I love my weigh-ins, because they're a great indication of whether what I'm doing is working or not. I used to weigh in every couple of weeks, and that weigh-in became so imporant to my motivation level. When I was down, it was celebration time, when I was up after two weeks, I, of course felt like self-sabotaging and going to eat a pizza. Now that I'm weighing regularly, it's not that dramatic. I was up 2 pounds this morning, but I knew that was from too much salt, and now I know I'm going to have to drink lots of water today and watch my sodium.

I'm rambling, but my point is- it's all about how you think about things. :)
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Go for it....but dont get discouraged if it is up or the same ...just get more motivated to change thing and aim more toward your goal..You really need to keep up with your progress so you will know if there is something you need to change or you will know if what you have been doing is working...So I say go weigh in and log it and let us know that you have a loss...we are all here to help and encourage you in your new life style change...

Good luck and stay looking to the future..
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You guys are so wonderful!

Alright, here goes. . .I'll report back and let you know.

If it's up, well *kitten*, I guess I need to smarten up a little.
    If it's the same, well, at least it's not up, haha.
    If it's down, WOO FREAKEN HOO!! Go me!

Wish me luck.

P.S. I'm going to take my measurements too.
  • sunshineshardz
    Options
    I'm the exact same way when it comes to numbers. Maybe try taking your measurements instead. :)
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Alright so measurements, not much has changed and my weight is EXACTLY the same. At least it's not up.
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Funny! I know "research says" to weigh yourself once a week, but I believe in doing what I think is best for me. I weigh myself every morning, and yes, sometimes I cringe a little before stepping on, but I do it anyway. I use my daily weigh-in as a motivator to persevere - If the number is up, I'm glad for the new day to try again; if it is at a plateau, I celebrate that it didn't go down; and if it is down, I celebrate and know that I must continue to persevere. The fresh leafy salads and fruit salads and the newly discovered spices and fresh vegetable soups are all healthy, so I'm happy because I know that I'm eating more healthy (and so is my husband).

Yes, I celebrate because my weight has come down 20 pounds, but I celebrate even more that my blood pressure has come down to optimal level!! I exercise every day a little, and I know that is helping, too. The number on the bathroom scale is ONLY ONE indicator of a successful diet/program... There are so many other things to celebrate...
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I probably weigh too often but I find that keeping track of it helps me adjust things. Just do it.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I probably weigh too often but I find that keeping track of it helps me adjust things. Just do it.

Same here, I weigh myself everyday, then add up the numbers, multiply by 7, and get an average.