Happy Accident

Options
I just joined this week. I had heard that keeping a food diary was a good idea, so I asked my husband how many calories in a banana. Somehow he found My Fitness Pal and we both started filling in data. This is a great site. I hope we can find success here. Thank you Mike for starting this!:happy:

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great site. It's motivating when you start seeing messages about how many days in a row you have logged in. And when you save your food and exercise diary at the end of the day and it tells you how much you'll weigh in 5 weeks if you keep it up.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you wanna do it. The trick is that you have to "close the loop",,, make the change from just using MFP to figure the calorie count of what you're eating,,, to actually start using MFP numbers to plan what you're gonna do before you eat it!

Then pretty soon you'll start making better choices, and you'll be on your way.

Welcome aboard, to both of you. My wife and I have lost about 130 pounds here. you can do it too.
  • JulieFinn
    JulieFinn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just joined this site two weeks ago myself. That Friday night I was feeling very unhappy with myself for letting myself become so overweight, so I googled "calorie counter" and I got this website and I am so glad I found it! I can't believe it's completely free and it has so many great features. Years ago, I did the calorie counting thing with a book and pencil & paper, but this is a breeze doing it on the computer and I love it. I have gotten so far away from controlling my portion sizes or even caring about how many calories something had in it - if it tasted good, I wanted to eat it. But now I care again and this site helps me with that. Hopefully if I can lose the unwanted weight, I will learn along the way the right portions to eat and will learn to stay away from high fat, high caloric foods. Good luck, and we're glad you're here! :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I also found this site by accident and look what's happened for me. ((points down)) :happy:

It's a great site with tons of great information and support.
  • LadyLobster
    Options
    Thank you all for responding. The thing is, I might want to eat it, but then I have to record it, so I can control the craving that way.:wink: