Progress since July.

dave4d
dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
July 1 of this year I was burned at work. Here is the picture that was taken of the burn.

SDC11501_zps4f6e2e2c.jpg

I started dieting on August 26. I weighed 226 lbs.

This was taken on December 20. at 189 lbs.

20121219_141626_zps601b29e5.jpg

The burn is healing nicely.

Replies

• dave4d
    @(!!! I'm an idiot.
  • bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Wow, that burn looks awfully painful. What happened? If you don't mind me asking. Good job on the weight loss you can def. see a difference!
  • dave4d
    I work at a copper smelter. I was attempting to burn a hole that had been plugged up with copper. After about 3 burn sticks, we weren't all the way through, yet, so it had a puddle of molten metal. When my co-worker turned on my oxygen valve he accidentally turned it on too high, and it blew all that molten puddle back at me. Luckily I was wearing all my protective gear, or it would have been worse.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Great loss ouch at the burn
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss and happy healing.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss. Glad to see the burn is healing nicely also.
  • bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Oh wow Dave.....that sounds extremely painful. It is a good thing you had your gear on. And I'm glad it's healing up real nicely. Congrats again on your weight loss!
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Congrats on the weightloss and that's awesome that the burn is healing up great! It looked so painful
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    You've done a great job in a short period of time. Nice work
  • denisemc1407
    denisemc1407 Posts: 50 Member
    Good work! You look great!!! :smile: (I once had a skillet of hot grease dropped on my stomach and chest, so I understand how those burns HURT!) :sad:
  • dave4d
    Thanks everyone. Because of where it was at, they gave me the option of removing it completely. I asked him if they could do some lipo while they were at it. He said, no. So I figured I would have to lose the weight the healthy way. Last time I lost weight I had a lot of excess skin on my stomach. It was really disgusting when I did push ups, and saw all the saggy skin hanging off my abs.

Maybe I will remove the scar, if the skin doesn't shrink enough on its own.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!