Any one try Cheat Your Way Thin?

emarcia28
emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My friend told me about this "Cheat your way thin" guide and I was thinking about giving it a try. He said it defiantely worked for him. Have any of you tried it or heard of it?

Its basically 2 weeks of priming where your first day is a cheat day where you can eat anything you want, anything at all with out over-stuffing yourself. then the rest of the days are portioned low carb days, with one cheat day a week.

After those two weeks are over it becomes a mix of portioned low carb and carb eating days, but you always have one cheat day a week, lets say Saturday. The main days consist of eating 6 small meals a day and working out 3-4 times a week for 18 minutes a day of interval training. You stay on this plan until you loose your desired weight and then move onto some sort of maintenance. But your must work out the day after your cheat day because its the day you body will loose the most weight.

I am not promoting this in any way at ALL, just looking for some feedback.
here is the website for those who may want to read about it http://www.cheatyourwaythin.com

I don't know if I will do this or not but just looking for some opinions. Thanks all!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• emarcia28
    Here is the website sorry, The one posted above is a little different, This one has more info.
    P.S the creator is very accredited..so hmmm :indifferent:

http://www.cheatyourwaythin.us/
  • YES!!! And it never works... at least not for me. :( I used to binge, then purge or just try and starve completely but couldnt cuz i got really shaky. ANd of course i've tried every fad diet and diet pill out there. But good luck with it if your gonna try it and tell me if it works!!
  • emarcia28
    YES!!! And it never works... at least not for me. :( I used to binge, then purge or just try and starve completely but couldnt cuz i got really shaky. ANd of course i've tried every fad diet and diet pill out there. But good luck with it if your gonna try it and tell me if it works!!

Eeek! Ok i will let you know how it goes as i go along!! :smile:
  • Honestly it doesn't sound too good to me....during the days where you eat low carb your body is starved of carbs. So on the one cheat day you will probably eat carbs and they will stick with your body because your body needs carbs for the main source of energy. When you don't have carbs your body burns your muscles for energy, and your muscles are what you need to keep your metabolism up and make it easier to lose weight. Basically there's no quick fix :( Wish there was.

Hard truth: Complex carbs, fruits, veggies, lean protein, healthy fats
  • Any site that needs to rely on so many testimonials and before/after pictures to sell you something is selling you snake oil with 99% probability.

Technically it sounds like a recipe for failure. Low-carb/over-carb cycling like that will more likely condition your body for some level of starvation response and storage of the cheat day calories.

Generally "cheat days" are a reasonably good idea, but only when they're combined with moderate deficit on the other days and matching your maintenance or going only slightly over on the cheat days.
  • emarcia28
    Thanks for the information guys!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.