How do you help a loved one lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I agree that he has to want it. If you do most of the cooking, prepare lower calorie choices BUT do NOT tell him that it is lower in calories.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You are doing what you can. He has to want to do this for himself. Does his job put pressure on him to get in shape? I imagine they would. How does he handle that?
  • Excepticon
    Excepticon Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions. From what I gather, I'm being as supportive as I can. As for his work thing, a few of you have asked, he does get criticism from his superiors, and he gets made fun of from his coworkers. But when it comes down to crunch time he can pass the physicals.

I just wanted to hear what other people that have been in my shoes (and his) have done that have helped, and all of you guys have been really helpful.

(And he does have a MFP account. Txcop03, but I don't think he's been on but once or twice.)
  • Excepticon
    Options
    No point in having an MFP account with out friends. Get him on here and active, he needs friends to encourage and motivate him.

>.<
    If I didn't have trouble persuading him to do things that are beneficial to him, that would be easy. I even installed the app on his phone for him.
  • Excepticon
    Options
    I hope this doesn't come across rude, it's not my intention. If i was you, next time he says he wants to lose weight, I'd just say. "no you don't, every opportunity that comes up you don't take." or something along those lines. That's just me, some say i have no tact. Sorry if it's not your style.

No harm, no foul. That's basically what I've been saying to him the past few weeks. Honestly that's why I'm at my wits' end and asking for advice.

I'm just gonna keep pluggin away at making myself better for me and hopefully he'll see how much better I feel and look and then get on with his bad self.

Again, thanks for all the support you guys!