Sketchers or Reebok Easy Tone sneakers

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
Has anyone tried the new Sketchers Shape Ups? Or the Avia Avi-motion, or the Reebok Easy Tone sneakers? What do you think of them?

I wear sneakers to work 8 hours a day, and I need a new pair...so does anyone have any recommendations? I'm interested in real reviews from people who have tried them, not people who have never worn them telling me to save my money. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jmichel
    Options
    I recently had surgery and wasn't able to run/jog - walking only. So I bought a pair of Sketcher Shape Ups to see if they made a difference in my workout. Answer is: not really. However, :smile: walking with these shoes is entirely different than in jogging type shoes. You do work more at a walk and they are EXTREMELY comfortable once you learn not to roll backwards too much. Added plus, I have balance issues and the shoes really make me pay attention. So I can't say I've lost any pounds or shaped-up noticably, I would recommend a pair for their comfort and added boost to a walking program.
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have Fit-Flops which are flip flops which are supposed to tone and firm your legs and they are a waste of money. I can wear them for 10 to 12 hours at a time standing and walking the whole time and I don't feel any workout. Thankfully they were are gift. I am skeptical that these shoes are any different.
  • mt130022
    mt130022 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Sketchers and I love them! No, they don't necessarily "tone you up", but they are VERY comfortable and add about 2 inches to my height! :)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Champion Stride Fitness Athletic shoes, which are like a milder version of the Sketchers. I really like them, I feel they are more a workout than regular shoes, they are VERY comfortable, and I got them at Payless Shoes for only $29.99! Maybe you could try these before spending $100+ on the Sketchers to see if you like them!
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    I do not have either of those, but I have the Curves Toning Trainer, which I got from Avon, and they are similar to those. I really like them for walking and for every day use. They do help with balance and I notice my calves are getting a little workout with them. I did wear them for an exercise class where I was moving a lot, and they hurt my feet and were hard to move around in, but as I said, for walking and standing, they are great!

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=36393
  • JAngelok
    Options
    I have the Sketchers Shape-ups. I walk for about 8 hrs at work and when i first got them (for christmas) I noticed i was paying more attention to my posture. I didn't lose any weight with them, but they are comfortable. I took a 30 min walk at lunch the other day and noticed that if i paid attention to my walk my calves got a slight burn :)
  • toots99
    Options
    Thanks for the reviews. Maybe I'll try a more inexpensive pair as someone suggested, and see how those work out. I tried on the Sketchers Shape Ups, but only had them on in the store...they were super comfortable though!
  • RacheBell
    Options
    I have the EasyTones, my boyfriend bought them for me for Christmas, and they work really well :) He says he can see the difference in my butt and legs. I wear them everyday, to work, running around doing errands, working out. I am so glad I got these, and they look like normal shoes. Not chunky and big like the Sketchers.
  • toots99
    Options
    I'm going to Payless today to try on the Champion brand. If i like like them, I'll get them and give them a try.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Avia ones. I have heard good things from some people I work with on the Sketchers and one person had the Avia ones. I am very curious to see how they work. I plan to wear them at work where I am on my feet for 10-hour days. No one has said anything about weight loss, but they have mentioned butt and leg toning and decreased back pain.
  • toots99
    Options
    I tried on a bunch today...I was on a mission! :laugh:

I tried on the Skechers Shape Ups, Avia Avi-Motion, Reebok Easy Tones, Champion Stride, Easy Spirit comething or other...and that was the order that I liked them. The Reebok ones, I don't know, I guess I drag my feet a bit when I walk, and these really got in the way. I never noticed that with any other shoes before. The Skechers were really comfortable. I think I'm going to get those, once I decide that I can spend $100 on sneakers! :laugh: Or maybe I can find a good deal online.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I definitely felt a difference with the Avia shoes. It remains to be seen whether I'll SEE a difference.