Losing my curves

Options
I am 28yrs old and living in the UK. I have reached the realisation that although curves are good on women, the curves I have don't look nice on me. I have already lost 21.5lbs and am working towards losing a lot more.

Diet wise, I am following Slimming World.
Exercise, I am walking and in the New Year will be doing yoga and pilates. (It has to be low impact exercise for the moment due to my Hypermobility Syndrome. I will also be giving up smoking.

2013 will be my year. I want to be a UK size 12/14. At the moment I am a 20/22 (because of the boobs. I can get a 20 on but it hangs on my hips.)

Anyway, just wanted to say, hello. Have a bloody good Christmas, holidays, whatever it is you will be celebrating. Enjoy it xx

Ann

Replies

• Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    Just wanted to say hey from a fellow UK girl! congratulations on the loss already! That's a fantastic job so keep up the good work and welcome to MFP!... also sorry for the over usage of !!!!!!!'s ha ha
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have a whole new set of curves and I'm loving it.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have a whole new set of curves and I'm loving it.

Im skinny and have curves. Curves do not equal fat.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I'm also from the UK. I've gone from around a size 20 after having my 2nd baby ( was about a 14 before getting pregnant) to a size 12 more-or-less. This has taken me 17 months. I've got another 10lbs or so to lose and then I'll work on toning.

I've kept my boobs and hips though, so don't worry too much about losing your figure!

Have a lovely xmas!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I always had good curves but since I have gotten older they do not look the same on me. after I finish losing all of my weight I plan on getting a body lift from head to toe! that will be my solution!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I love your outlook on getting fit. I am wishing you much success in 2013 and beyond.

8488541.png
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You're not losing your curves - you're just rearranging them...:flowerforyou:
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Good luck getting fit! Great start!
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight you have already lost and good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Looks like some of your curves are spilling out of your top.

:drinker:

Okay, and *now* I will go back and actually read what you posted.

ETA: Sounds like you have a great attitude about it...so now it's just a matter of doing it. And definitely agree about the quitting smoking. I did that myself many many years ago and the positive change to my health was phenomenal.
  • Harriann84
    Options
    You're not losing your curves - you're just rearranging them...:flowerforyou:

I loved this! Thank you. I have lost 5st (70lbs) before but got really ill and piled it all back on through comfort eating. Well enough it enough. Food isn't my friend and it's not a comforter.

Thank you to all the comments. It's a shame MFP only just linked to Endomondo, as I have tracked over 120m. (not that much over 2 months, the last two months have been really hard work. Walking has been so painful, but with gritted teeth I am doing it anyway.)

Ad for my profile pic, that was taken just after I started putting on all the weight that I had lost. I actually felt "beautiful" that night. I don't need make up to feel beautiful now. I have strong foundations and now I am building upon them. Making myself a stronger, fitter, better person.

I hope you all have the 2013 you want xx
  • Harriann84
    Options
    Looks like some of your curves are spilling out of your top.

:drinker:

Okay, and *now* I will go back and actually read what you posted.

ETA: Sounds like you have a great attitude about it...so now it's just a matter of doing it. And definitely agree about the quitting smoking. I did that myself many many years ago and the positive change to my health was phenomenal.

I quit before and always fell back on that. I won't this time. 2013 is my year for starting fresh and new. I know what I want to do, what I need to do and I want to be well on my way by September, when I start college as a mature student.
  • Shakeylady55
    Shakeylady55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I so understand you about the curves..I've been bottom heavy all my
    Life. When I lose weight I lose more at the top but bottom i'll lose 5 to 10
    Pounds..do anyone no any workouts for problem bottom areas...
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    ...do anyone no any workouts for problem bottom areas...

I kind of like bottom areas. :P Not that you want to hear about that. Sorry no advice.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Your body shape will remain more or less the same if you lose weight, only smaller.
    I've seen girls who work out get more curvy, combining the loss of love handles to make the girls more dramatic looking and lifting to help make everything more perky.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    you are gorgeous kid. Keep up the good work.
  • bluetrumpet01
    bluetrumpet01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I mean ... hopefully you don't lose them all, some are very nice! But you have a great attitude and you'll do great :)
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. I love being an hourglass figure, I just want to slim & tone a little. I also quit smoking about 15 1/2 months ago. Add me if you like. I log on every day religiously, and am committed to making a lifestyle change this time. I'll help encourage you and hold you accountable, if you do the same for me!!
  • MN_Runner2012
    Options
    Good job so far Ann. I understand your dilemma about the "girls" Mine never seem to get the memo when I lose weight. No matter what I do they will not get smaller. If you figure out how to lose some of "that" curve, please do let me know! Makes it hard to buy clothes when you have to buy something to fit there only to have it be too big everywhere else. Also, being a runner it would be nicer to have less on top!
  • Harriann84
    Options
    Thank you all, I won't lie, perky would be very very nice :D I just want to look the way I feel on the inside. If that makes sense.

Feel free to add me, I am going to need all the support I can get. I do get my dips like everyone else, but I am trying to learn not to turn to food for comfort. Enough is enough.

Rearranging the curves would be ideal, to have my boobs where they are meant to be, would be even nicer! haha

I hope you have all had an amazing Christmas xxx