I can't relax!

I went to the gym this morning and it will be my last session until the 28th because of all the Christmas celebrations and I'm sat here and I can't relax at all. I keep thinking about the bad foods I'm going to eat and all the weight I'm going to put on and it genuinely scares me. If I put weight on it'll really make me depressed and annoyed with myself and I hate feeling fat because I think everyone looks at me. I just want to not worry about what I eat during the holidays but it's all I think about!

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    I'm tracking through the break but I'm loosening the reigns. Gotta enjoy life a little ;)

Good luck and have a fantastic holiday break. Enjoy it, and get back to work on the 29th ;)
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    It's okay to indulge a little bit. After all, the holiday season is so difficult NOT to eat bad foods. If you know what foods will be at the celebrations, see if you can find anything fresh or unprocessed. If there isn't anything, eat just a little bit. If you see a FULL cookie, see if you can eat half of it one day and save the other half for the next day.

No doctor or dietitian here, but it's just my take on how to handle this situation. ^_^
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It is only 4 days... Stand up as muh as you can!
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Try prelogging the food and seeing just how many cals are involved.
    You may find you are just at maintenance which is nice to see.

Or if you dance around a bit more you can use up the extra cals

If there are presents like balls and bats, get involved in the activity, even cleaning up after the party will help
    Stay active if you can.

If you go over don't stress. It's only a day or two.
    Get back on track after. (don't starve yourself after, just get back to your usual deficit.

I think most people will be surprised how well they manage.

I logged xmas lunch (eaten on saturday) at 950 cals, came under for the day cos I slept thru dinner :yawn: lols. :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,366 Member
    Sounds like an odd way to look at things. You're getting yourself all worked up over a "what if."

Enjoy the holiday. Even if you eat everything you want, you're not going to gain much in a week. If you gain any, at your age it will be easy to lose again.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,366 Member
    I read your other posts. You are suffering from an Eating Disorder. The further into this you go, the less able you are going to be to make good choices in life. Literally you are causing your own mental illness by under-eating and over-exercising. Your brain needs fuel to function, and by not eating you are causing anxiety, depression, and soon you will be very sick.

Please tell your family. You need to get some counseling before it is too late. Call an Eating Disorders hotline, go to your school nurse. Do something before it's too late. Please.

We will support you to get well, not to starve yourself. There is no place for that here on this site.
  • Hello! Thank you all for your replies, it's much appreciated!

I noticed my eating habits weren't quite right a few weeks ago and I still exercise a lot of calories off but I've increased the amount of calories I've been eating and I've been eating more this holidays season. I haven't ever starved myself. I am scared of putting on weight but I think this is something I will work on in the new year because it can't really go on like it is. Thank you for replying my lovelies.