WII Fit?

Options
My wife keeps begging to buy me a WII (lol I know i am so mistreated) and i told her if she does to look into getting me the WII Fit. Whjat can anyone tell me about it?

Replies

• melighter
    Options
    I love our Wii Fit, there are several exercises/games you can play. The system keeps track of your weight loss, BMI, time exercised and more. I would recommend it!!!!
  • doyoga
    doyoga Posts: 20
    Options
    I love it, I bought it after hitting my plateau and lost 10 lbs.
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The Wii fit is a lot of fun, but I would highly recommend the EA Active games over it. I have both and I see better results with the EA Active. I also have the EA Active More workouts, which focuses more on your core muscles. But of course, too each his own. If you know anyone who has any of these, I would suggest you try them out and see what works best for you. Have fun! :smile:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    We have a wii fit i love it!!! They have so many different workouts and games on there! The best part is the whole family can enjoy it. It has yoga, balance games, Free step, Sit up Challenges and so much more! And every time you go on it gives you a Wii Fit age and a score, Gives workout tips, and keeps tracks of your progress... You can also set a goal and it will tell you how much you have until you reach your goal and keeps track of your Bmi.. Like i said I LOVE MY WII FIT :bigsmile:
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm not using it right - I just started playing around with it - but I find it too slow moving between exercises/games. Not the best use of hour.
  • tansyf
    tansyf Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it, me and the kids use it loads, wouldn't use it as main form of exercise, but definitely a boost instead of sitting in fron ot TV, and so much fun, for anyone, my 81 year old neighbour was boogying along to the same dance game as my 3 year old does, fantastic, wouldn't be without it!!! xxx
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Maybe I'm not using it right - I just started playing around with it - but I find it too slow moving between exercises/games. Not the best use of hour.

I usually will go into the 'My Wii Fit Plus" area there and choose Wii Fit Routines, select Combo , and then choose one thing in every category. It will then run through several exercises without stopping. I usually do my first half hour this way. You can choose one at a time, or two. One will usually get me about a half hour flow of things, two at a time almost an hour. Try it.
    Works out pretty well!
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii for working out. I'm a stay at home Mom so going to the gym is not really possible for me. I have 5 different workout games for my Wii that I use all the time. They are all wonderful and target different things. I highly recommend using a Wii to get fit!
  • TrainerJulie
    Options
    I agree with Tracy. It's activity....yes.....a workout....not necessarily. It really depends on what you do. I really get my heart rate up doing the rhythm boxing, but that's probably one of the only ones that raises my heart rate.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The best thing I've bought in years! My kids play it and so do I!!
  • HMBradley42
    Options
    WII fit plus I love it you can do combo of strength and cardio..I usually do the running first and I get on my treadmill and do 1/2 then into the workout..It keeps track of your weight and you calories burned...I love it...Regular wii fit doesn't keep track of calories burned...I love that part of it..
  • monkeygirl55
    Options
    I have both Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach. I like both but My Fitness Coach gives me much more of a work out. You do need a Wii for the My Fitness Coach as well though.
  • empiremom
    Options
    wii fit plus definitely. make sure it's the plus version. it has everything from yoga to strength and stabiltiy exercises and aerobic. we love it. it has helped me because i am too embarrassed at this point to go to a gym. i can do all at home.

the only catch to it is you have to be disciplined to put yourself into it. if you do the exercises just to get by and not really work it...you wont get out of it what it potentially can do for ya.

love your wife enough to get her one. you wont be dissappointed.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    My wife keeps begging to buy me a WII (lol I know i am so mistreated) and i told her if she does to look into getting me the WII Fit. Whjat can anyone tell me about it?

good luck, most places wont be getting shipments til May I'm told. Now I'm talking of course of the balance board you need to do it. (I wanted the wii fit plus) You can get the game but you can't get the balance board b/c they're out of stock everywhere! Amazon.com has them for double what they're worth. I'm in southeastern WI and NO ONE I mean NO ONE has one :sad: I even tried in TX where my mother in law is to have her ship one... NONE! I've too ben bugging my husband for one and today we went to get one.... we thought

Nintendo pissed all over my day! lol
  • emmie305
    Options
    When I lived with my mother she owned to wii fit. I can honestly say that that was the only decent thing about the wii, but even so, it is not the best thing to use. Every time I went to weigh myself, it would change (not just by a lb) from before to after I do the exercise. Don;t get me wrong, I did brake a sweat, but it is definitely not accurate.

As a game system itself, is she buying it for her or mainly for the children because it makes all the difference? It has some great games for children, but as for adult games, there is not much of a selection. And I know there are some games for the whole family like mario, but there are better systems. I personally love the xbox 360, but as far as Nintendo is concerned, the original and super are the best systems.

LOL wow I feel like a nerd haha. Anyways, I guess it's all up to personal preference :)
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I agree with Tracy. I feel it is a lot of wasted time when using the Wii Fit. Also not enough cardio work for my liking. If you really want a personalized workout try Shape Up with Jenny McCarthy for use with the Wii. Now that is a real cardio and strenghtening workout!!!