what i notice about before and afters...

Options
Every so often, usually in the success stories thread, you'll find someone posting "before and after" or "before and during" pics. There is ONE THING all of these posts have in common, with few exceptions. Before pictures are always, shy, frowning, maybe forced pictures. Even in the smiling pics you can sense that the person wasn't totally comfortable. In the later pictures you'll usually find someone mugging for the camera and their whole face is lit up.

So I just wanted to say thank you to all of those who've posted those kind of results and I'm so happy to be part of this community where such accomplishments are celebrated.

YAY MFP!! :drinker:

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!! I know that is what you see when you look at mine!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Yes... mine too... my oldest picture - I'm so embarassed and could have died rather than let that photo be taken but it was... but now I ham it up as it's been a long time since I've felt this good an can't wait until I hit my goal to know what I'll feel like then!!! :bigsmile:
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It's empowering to see where you "started" and where you are today. Nothing like having that "before" picture staring at you constantly as a reminder of what you DON'T want to go back to.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    This is so true. I posted some new pictures on my profile today that were taken a year after my "before" pics. I still have a ways to go, but I look 10 times happier now.