stuffed chicken breast

Options
laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
I just made this tonight, very tasty! take a boneless, skinless chicken breast and lay it between celophane. Wack it with a rolling pin to flaten it out as thin as you can. Spread a tablespoon of hommus (I used sundried tomato and basil flavor) on the chicken. Sprinkle a bit of fat free chredded cheddar cheese, layer with spinach. Roll it up and then wrap it with foil that has been sprayed with non stick spray. Baked for 30 mins at 350, then unwrap foil, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake for another 5-10 mins until crumbs get a little browned. It was absolutely delicious! :) not sure on calories, I've got plenty left over so I'm just counting the chicken and cheese :)

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I just made this tonight, very tasty! take a boneless, skinless chicken breast and lay it between celophane. Wack it with a rolling pin to flaten it out as thin as you can. Spread a tablespoon of hommus (I used sundried tomato and basil flavor) on the chicken. Sprinkle a bit of fat free chredded cheddar cheese, layer with spinach. Roll it up and then wrap it with foil that has been sprayed with non stick spray. Baked for 30 mins at 350, then unwrap foil, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake for another 5-10 mins until crumbs get a little browned. It was absolutely delicious! :) not sure on calories, I've got plenty left over so I'm just counting the chicken and cheese :)
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    It sounds good, I have never tried hommus.:smile:
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    oh yum,,,,, that does sound good. Going to have to give it a try.
    Thank you
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    It sounds good, I have never tried hommus.:smile:

karen hummus is the BEST! Lots of protein, too. I didnt' like it for a long time - BECAUSE I never tried it. :blushing:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • leahmbass
    leahmbass Posts: 15
    Options

I have tried this recipe except for on the inside of the chicken I put cream cheese with chopped jalepenos in it. It was wonderful. But I'm sure the cream cheese cant be good for us!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Great recipe! Thanks Lauren.
    I make something similiar to this when I crave Italian. I stuff the chicken breasts with a part skim Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella, parmesan and Italian seasoning mixture then top with marinara. It's amore!